Any divers here?

Coytee

Ok, so "any divers here?"

Do you have an interest in taking pictures underwater?

Do you have an interest in a camera housing that is fitted for a film camera?

I have an Ikelite underwater camera housing (fits Nikon N-90S)  

Housing, flash and a water tight (when new) carrying case.

Though I have the N-90S as well...  I'm not sure I'm getting rid of it yet.

Truth be told....  this was used on one (for sure) or three dives and that's it.

If you're nearby or passing through, stop in and maybe I'll let you buy me dinner as we load the goodies into your car (hmmm...does that suggest that they're yours for the price of dinner?)

• Like 1

I started diving with my next door neighbors as a kid when I was in 4th grade got certified and then took some advanced classes for a senior certification. But stopped in high school when they moved away, their son was my best friend and dive buddy. Usually we dove from a large chartered dive boat to Catalina Island excellent conditions, but also a few times off the coast of California murky and not much to see, that was for the advanced class dives and a few times off the coast of Mexico which was OK but nothing like Catalina. I never got another dive buddy so I never dove again after that.

48 minutes ago, willland said:

Went diving in Cozumel in 87 and 91 and did a live aboard trip to Bimini in 1988.  Very cool trips.

Bill

We used to dive the Branford area springs, Peacock, Olsen, Orange Grove, Troy, Ginnie/Devil's Ear-Eye (before they grated it off), Manatee, etc. Beautiful but a bit tiresome with nothing but limestone. Our cave dives got interesting though, especially the deep ones. Do not have the balls or level of fitness to even think about doing that again. I literally get chills to this day thinking about the risks we took.

I was a kid on Long Island watching Sea Hunt on TV.  Visibility around Long Island was about two feet. Later I learned that Sea Hunt was filmed in Florida's Silver Springs were visibility is almost unlimited.  Gee, us kids are getting fooled.

Years later my wife pried me out of work for an Apple  vacation to Hawaii.  We took a shorter non-PADI course.    (I don't recommend this, go with PADI and thorough instruction.)

The last day took us to Shark Cove.  The instructor later said it was named because a shark had helped a young fisherman by directing fish to his net. I thought this was a campfire story for tourists. But later this was confirmed.  What?  We were swimming in shark infested waters!  I'd seen "Jaws" once too often.

Years later some good buddies and I snorkeled in St. John and St. Thomas. Wonderful.  My conclusion was that a very great amount of interesting stuff is in the first five feet, i.e. snorkeling depth. OTOH, SCUBA is an expensive culture.

No, I've not been doing this a long time.

On a related note Jack O'Neill  who pioneered the wet suit just died today he was 94. He was a surfing icon and he created the first neoprene wetsuit in the 50's. O'Neill becoming a huge product brand of wet suits and other water toy and surfing products.

RIP

BBBQBcP.img?h=1104&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

• Like 1