F.S. Tube line stage $450, horns and drivers

The Dude

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:46 AM, hogwylde09 said:

Since it was built for you. Would you mind contacting Roy. Inquiry on tone control price upgrade for me? I'm still interested.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have sent Roy and email, we will see what he says.

7 hours ago, hogwylde09 said:

Thank you kindly, if he can do it. It will no longer GLWS !

He is sending me the unit that was installed.  It is a passive unit so It does not require any power from the power supply.   He did say that it does reduce the gain some.  Which makes me wonder if that is why he never heard the sound that I did.

How did it sound to you? I just had a bad experience with a hybrid preamplifier. Two 6299 tubes no tone controls and made any horn unlistenable. Harsh. Now my McIntosh C20 is so flexible, no problem.
I'm just wanting a better preamp that the stock PAS 2, for my ST-70. Which don't want to dump a lot of money into. And bypassing the tone controls is not one of the mods I would do.
Anyway at the price you have on the pre. I better get it before someone else.

19 minutes ago, hogwylde09 said:

How did it sound to you? I just had a bad experience with a hybrid preamplifier. Two 6299 tubes no tone controls and made any horn unlistenable. Harsh. Now my McIntosh C20 is so flexible, no problem.
I'm just wanting a better preamp that the stock PAS 2, for my ST-70. Which don't want to dump a lot of money into. And bypassing the tone controls is not one of the mods I would do.
Anyway at the price you have on the pre. I better get it before someone else.

Just for clarity,  I am receiving the passive tone controls that I will install or let the interested party do so. 

• 3 weeks later...