NBA Finals 2017 GS vs Clev

wvu80

Game one already under way.  GS starting to get into rhythm on their 3's and pulling away in the 3rd.  GS currently leads by 18.

I am a Cav's fan but they are a huge underdog. This might be a short thread. 

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Golden State held to a steady 15-24 point lead late in the game. What you described didn't happen this game, Thank Gawd. 

Always an exception to the rule.

8 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

GS played a good game, but we can't forget the Cavs came back from 3-1 to win against GS last year.  Durant is a major addition, so GS certainly seems more daunting.  But last year it looked really bad for the Cavs, too.  I just can't count them out.

The scary part is that Thompson and Green were virtually non existent with their scoring.  They're normally heavy contributors on the offensive side. 

4 minutes ago, muel said:

They stopped calling for traveling why not stop calling for fouls?

No carrying anymore either. 

There were a bunch of fouls not called both ways.  Seems like the refs got together before the game and decided to just let them play.

• Like 1

I agree that the refs let a lot of fouls go these days.

It looks to me as if the game has really changed in the past few decades.  Now, they drive fast and hard to the basket in a way that's either guaranteed to get somebody hurt or to draw a foul.  There was always a little bit of "chicken" involved when deciding to drive hard, but now, the game of chicken seems a bit more serious than it used to.  How do you set up in front of a guy who just lunges to your left with all he's got?

I didn't realize so many of you had the same concerns about NBA play and reffing as I did.  The top players cheat constantly by palming the ball.  We all know the NBA is a man's game, but it's ridiculous to allow grabbing arms and shoving the offensive player the way they do. 

I've seen ESPN stories about the philosophy of NBA reffing, which is the rule book is a "guide" which the refs must interpret.  If a player is 94 feet from the rim and walks with the ball the refs will not call it because it does not "substantially" affect the play.  I have never understood how NBA refs call fouls.

+++

Back to the game, the Cavs will have a better chance if they don't allow GS to have an unchallenged path down the middle of the lane for dunks, eight in the first quarter alone.  It's clear Cavs were defending the three point shooters but it looked like terrible coaching and a flawed game plan to me.

Well game 2 is over, Cav's got blown out by 19, again.  LeBron was brilliant with a triple double but he can't stop all of GS's 3-point shooters.

Cav's showed some spirit and fought hard to stay with Warriors, but Warriors showed some 3-point talent to walk away from Cav's. 

A 7 footer who can bury 3's is unstoppable.  Kevin Durant is on pace to become the Finals MVP. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Things look grim for the Cavs. And with their old (defensive) coach with GS being paid by the Cavs putting the dagger slowly into them. Time for Hari-Kari.

JJK

There's that and the fact that Cleveland only knows how to play one on one.  There's no offensive ball movement to speak of like G.S. plays. 

I hear all the talking heads go on and on about Golden States talent and find it satisfyingly ironic that they used LeBron's method of superteam building to get there.