The sad story of the Heresy's

BlessedPrince

This happened around the time when I was barely getting into music or buying equipment; I found a really nice pair of Heresy's I can't remember if it was the one's or two's. I got them for $125 [emoji108]. Guy obviously didn't know much, so I took advantage of situation. Well I was kinda disappointed, they were way too bright. Keep in mind I didn't know much then. So I just put them aside. Got a pair of kg 4's for $50. Well I ended up selling them to my bro in law for $200( I had already listed them on Craigslist [emoji57]). Well my in law took them and had them for a few days, then someone called me to see if I still had them. I had the price at $600. This guy was from philly bout 1.5 hours from me. He said he was visiting a friend close by and he was interested. So I called in law and told him. We ended up meeting half way. Well when we were there I told him it was $500( believe it or not I had forgotten I had asked $600 online) that explained his shocked confused look when he asked $500? Lol. Anyways I regret the whole situation. Only if I could turn back time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No shame in passing along a good deal.  Honestly the heresy i were too britht for me.  I hve a pair of 

Rb-35 in the same listening position and am enjoying them more even though i know they are not as nice of a speaker.  Then again a $200 vs $550 speaker may be easing my mind too.

• Like 1

No shame in passing along a good deal.  Honestly the heresy i were too britht for me.  I hve a pair of 

Rb-35 in the same listening position and am enjoying them more even though i know they are not as nice of a speaker.  Then again a $200 vs $550 speaker may be easing my mind too.

Funny how they all sound different. There's plenty of choice out there. Just gotta try them.

In my experience, equipment matching, source material and room acoustics play huge roles in whether speakers sound "bright" or not. Also speaker placement, simply pointing the speakers straight forward or toeing them in or out just a few inches can change things quite a bit. After setting up systems for numerous people and for myself in a few locations over the years I can say that the same exact equipment can sound dramatically different depending on the room.

I think a lot has to do with the type of music you listen to as well. For hard rock my RB-35 or RB-5 cannot hang with any of my Heresies. I would suggest a sub or pair of subs with any of them for best results.

Tim

16 hours ago, BlessedPrince said:

Got a pair of kg 4's for $50. Well I ended up selling them to my bro in law for $200( I had already listed them on Craigslist emoji57.png). Well my in law took them and had them for a few days, then someone called me to see if I still had them. I had the price at $600. 

Well when we were there I told him it was $500( believe it or not I had forgotten I had asked $600 online) that explained his shocked confused look when he asked $500?

So who got the cash?  You made $150 selling them to the bro-in-law.

If the CL buyer paid $500, someone must have profited at least $300, probably the bro-in-law.  Or did you guys split things?

In any case, good initial pick-up by you to recognize the $50 KG4's as a deal.

So who got the cash?  You made $150 selling them to the bro-in-law.

If the CL buyer paid $500, someone must have profited at least $300, probably the bro-in-law.  Or did you guys split things?

In any case, good initial pick-up by you to recognize the $50 KG4's as a deal.

He kept the money. He needed more than me. I regret selling them because I could of found ways to make them sound better. Also, it was a great deal to begin with. Oh well [emoji53]hopefully I'll run into a pair down the road.