Pricing Estimates?

Mr._Music_Fan

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the correct area for this posting, so please pardon me if I am breaking a rule. 

I am thinking of selling a few of my speakers and wanted to get an idea of what is a reasonable price for them.  Is this correct part of the forums for this posting?

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I am considering selling the following from my collection.

Forte II - Walnut Oiled 8/9 out of 10 for body, Adjustments from stock - Crites XO, titanium tweeter diaphragms, brushed aluminum furniture legs (really helps with the WAF).

KG4 - Walnut Oiled 7/8 out of 10 for body. No Adjustments from stock

SW12ii - Black Oak 8/9 out of 10 for sides, 5/10 for top. I sanded the black off the veneer and was able to restain the veneer to a Walnut oil comparable match.

Pics: Forthcoming.

• Like 1

As promised listed below are my Fortes II.  I also forgot to mention that I had the passive radiators reconed/repaired by Simply Speakers. 

Again, not sure that I am selling them, all I am trying to do is get an idea of what is a reasonable price for them. I have spent a bit of money to bring these Fortes where they are and I curious if I am could recoup my costs.

imageedit_4_9846754524.jpg

imageedit_1_8688272140.jpg

imageedit_6_5143621567.jpg

imageedit_8_6845730084.jpg

Edited by Mr._Music_Fan
added the word "am:
  • Like 2

Recouping your costs on upgrades and mods is highly unlikely...this isn't real estate. It's a hobby that we love to indulge ourselves in and the upgrades and mods, though they have some value when sold, are usually done because we just want to see it done for ourselves. Having said that, you can put whatever price you want on anything you own and see what the market does.

They are beauties. Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback KHarp, I appreciate it. 

It is neither my intent nor desire to treat these (works of art) as real estate, but rather I am thinking it is time for me to consider migrating towards a good tube amp, and I am trying to forecast what budget I might have available towards that endeavor. And if I can recoup my costs, then that's a plus. :-) 

Again, thanks for your feedback.