Chorus I Pacement guidance

Hi fellow Klipsch Jedi,

I recently acquired some Chorus I's and wanted to get some advise/guidance and positioning.  Right now I have them just about flush in the corners of my 11 foot wide room. The only thing that prevents them from being completely flush is that I have them slightly toed in towards the couch. 

I've read quite a few threads and from what I gather is that there are 2 primary schools of thought; away from the walls about 12 to 14 inches (all around) or close to the corners as possible with the speaker toed in. 

I have read that some folks like to toe in the speaker sharp enough that the sound from L & R speakers meet in front of the listener by about a foot or so. 

So I come to my fellow Klipsch Jedi for guidance.

Thanks in advance...

ps. Help me Obi-Wan JimJimbo!

Speakers with rear passives or ports need more space from the rear wall but not the Chorus 1's. I'd move them in from the side walls though 12-18 inches as it should improve the width of soundstage. Nice score by the way, I've been searching for a pair close to me for well over a year now without any luck.

• Like 1

I have my Chorus Straight inline with walls and sides 3 inches from wall and sides. Just go them here at my new location for them pointing to the long corners of room, 25 foot away. Listen to them nearfield  with each corner of speaker 4 foot away. 15 foot away in the middle of room, is my main listening position. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I generally try to incorporate some if not all of the guidelines of speaker placement contained in the link below. If for no other reason than valuable knowledge gained through experimentation.

Recently used the info. to place my La Scalas and I am very pleased with the results. Even if your room is small like mine, give it a shot you may be surprised.

YMMV.

http://www.barrydiamentaudio.com/monitoring.htm

• Like 2