Subwoofer Amp With Built In DSP...

SWL

https://www.amazon.com/Crown-XLS1502-Two-channel-x2126-Amplifier/dp/B011X2HTZC

I'm considering this amp to power my horn loaded THTLP subs. I've never used DSP to manipulate my subs before so I'm looking for a little insight.

I know the Behringer amps get some use around here but I'm heavily leaning towards Crown. Not written in stone....so input is much appreciated.

I've only powered the Tubas with the EP4000 so I'm curious to try a different amp that may give better results.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Good video that explains Room EQ Wizard and the subsequent filter adjustments on your DSP. I am happy with iNuke, but I am sure the Crowns are just as good and there are probably videos out there that can help explain the DSP adjustments.

• Like 1

That's just it.....something is up and I think it's this cheap Behringer amp.

As long as I'm gonna try another sub amp, it might as well have dsp. Eventually, I'll check out the Mini-DSP but in the meantime something ain't right with this amp. I bought it new but there's a story behind it. Typical Behringer stuff......

3 hours ago, SWL said:

That's just it.....something is up and I think it's this cheap Behringer amp.

As long as I'm gonna try another sub amp, it might as well have dsp. Eventually, I'll check out the Mini-DSP but in the meantime something ain't right with this amp. I bought it new but there's a story behind it. Typical Behringer stuff......

What problem are  you having with the amp?  If  you are not familiar with the DSP it could be a simple fix. Help is available right here if needed.:)  Don't write off the Berhinger amps as cheap, I have 7 and they have performed great for the last 3-4 plus years.  I traded in my Crown XLS 1500 and 2500 amps for the Berhinger and could not be more pleased.

52 minutes ago, SWL said:

I've had four of these amps and I'm very familiar with them. I'm confident the dip switches are correct.

What about them don't you like?  They have enough power to tear those drivers apart.

When I first bought this amp I had to return it because of the sound was very dull. After some convincing they gave me a new amp and the new amp sounded fine.

Now, the sound is very dull and not clean like how I remember it sounding. It's like the amp degraded or something. It's not tight and snappy anymore.

SWL have you ever measured the room with microphone and software?  If not you would like doing so.  You've done so much with your ear and trial/error and experience that it would take you up even another notch.  I've been to several theaters now that use just the Behringers and they do sound great.  The designer of my current LCRs actually is selling an EP4000 on another site right now.  

Thanks Rob.....measuring my room is gonna happen eventually. Soon actually and I'm probably gonna have JasonSTR help me out with the minidsp hd. He's had good results with his set up.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SWL said:

Thanks Rob.....measuring my room is gonna happen eventually. Soon actually and I'm probably gonna have JasonSTR help me out with the minidsp hd. He's had good results with his set up.

Let me know when you are ready Scott, happy to come over to help.

• Like 2