Car Thread

burninator

I figure there must be a few gear heads around here. What do you have? What are you working on?

I picked up a '95 Cobra 302 for my '93 Mustang the other day. It hasn't moved in about two years, but that should change very soon.

IMG_0095-1.jpg

IMG_2762-1.jpg

• Like 6

I once installed a Buick V6 into my 79 Corvette for three years trying to save gas (sometimes you do things just to see if they can be done) then pulled it back out. Only drawback was the V6 tended to heat up the oil passed 350F for some reason. Never did figure out why. Everything else worked fine.

JJK

• Like 1

17 hours ago, burninator said:

Nice! I really want to build a Coyote swapped Fox in the future. 

Ford makes a crate set up with everything you need... I love my Coyote. It has been everything I could have expected and parts are cheap.

I think my next upgrade will be the GT350 intake and injectors with a new bill oil pump gear and a tune. Out of the box it will reg to 7500rpm... with a little careful tuning, 8,000rpm.

• Like 1

Yes there is a bunch of us car guys here.

The Hot Rod Magazine power tour will be in Indy on Thursday and the SVRA at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Fri - Sun is my schedule this weekend. I am looking forward to a well diverse bunch of vehicles over the next few days.

I did the Power Tour, 2003 I think, when Nashville was the starting point. Every stop was a car show and the general public's reactions are great too. I took out the 410's and put in 355's - got 13 miles to the gallon that way. All kinds of cars and nice people as well. Enjoy!

The above mentioned stepson has a good friend that finalizes the final tune parameters at Procharger, just down the road from me in suburban KC. I have spoken with Erik numerous times on a Procharger install for my car and although they do not perform installs at PC the "right" people can be made available. He said a 392 Challenger will safely make 600-620 at the wheels, which is right at Hellcat rear wheel power. And more if I care to invest in stoughter parts, which I do not. But alas, I'm basically listening to the Procharger disguised as a pair of Jubilees. And really the cars pretty damn quick as it is so I'm probably smart in leaving well enough alone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burninator said:

3.73 in mine, which I always thought was a great balance.

I have the 4.10's in both my fun car and in my Mustang GT daily driver - I agree totally on the 3.73 comment. The Mustang is a lot of fun with tire smoking on command 4.10's but at highway speeds in 5th the engine is singing pretty good and my "mom kick you out of the house" exhaust system makes it worse. Took the Mustang to get new quieter mufflers and they slip fit several as demo's - first time I went to a muffler shop and came away louder than when I got there, due to FlowMaster 2 chamber mufflers.

I can't let this thread go all Mustang. B)

2016 Camaro SS. What have I done to it? I hard wired the radar detector. Making it faster seems sorta pointless. Even at 6/10ths it's already way beyond a responsible velocity for all but the most deserted back roads. 

IMG_0007.JPG

• Like 3

So far we have a Ford and a Chevrolet.

Lets shake it up with some diversity.

1968 Skylark Gran Sport

1970 Riviera 455 .@ 030 = 462 C.I.

TA Performance Stage 1SE aluminum heads

TA Performance single plane intake

Holley 850 double pumper

Mickey Thompson equal length headers with full 3" mandrel exhaust and flowmasters

Muncie M20 4 speed

3.42 Posi 12 bolt

235/60-15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials

I bought this car out of Newton NC in 1996

It was solid but well used.

gasolinealley1.jpg

yardofbricks.jpg

• Like 6

While I am a FORD guy  I do like a lot of different cars. A friend of mine has the Buick GS Stage 1 model and it is very nice. He taught me the ballet that happens at the tree. I'm liking this thread.

14 hours ago, M_Klipsch said:

Making it faster seems sorta pointless.

M_Klipsch needs to be sent to "re-education" as too much is only almost enough. :) A nice 6-71 sticking out of the hood of that Camaro would make it perfect.

P.S. Also not sure how "responsible" fits in this hobby except maybe having to get a job to bu the needed upgrades.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ole Dollar said:

While I am a FORD guy  I do like a lot of different cars. A friend of mine has the Buick GS Stage 1 model and it is very nice. He taught me the ballet that happens at the tree. I'm liking this thread.

M_Klipsch needs to be sent to "re-education" as too much is only almost enough. :) A nice 6-71 sticking out of the hood of that Camaro would make it perfect.

P.S. Also not sure how "responsible" fits in this hobby except maybe having to get a job to bu the needed upgrades.

:D That's how you know it's gone too far. If I'm the voice of reason then something  is way out of hand. As to that blower Chevy uses the blown LT4 Corvette engine in the ZL1 Camaro.  650 hp because the 455hp LT1 in the SS is just too lame. Seriously though, if you are looking for a whole lot of car for the money. The SS Camaro is the real deal.