Car Thread

burninator

My first car was 1965 mustang with a 3 speed and a sickly 6 cylinder. Great at 16 but it needed help.

i sold my 1968 mustang when I moved several years ago. Simple coupe but had all the body work done with a great paint job and crate 302. Fun car.

just bought this about 2 weeks ago. 911 carrera cabriolet. It's a fun car with the top down although that will be a bit limited for the next few months here in the desert. I hit 112 today before I had to leave the highway. 

IMG_0687_zpsguay9aws.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, burninator said:

@richieb also mentioned his Chrysler

I was just referring to pics posted.

I would not leave out Richieb, we both have late model Scat Pack cars in our stable and I am very interested in his procharger ideas.

I also agree with M_Klipsch that 465 to 485hp is a nice number for a daily driver and can still get you into trouble.

This is an incredible time for performance cars and I highly recommend to everyone, don't miss out on this era if you can.

2589.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, burninator said:

I think I'll be in the market for a 2017 Mustang GT once my Fiesta ST gets back from the body shop after suffering massive hail damage. GT Premium w/ Performance Pack in white or race red, please.

21195297753_7c12586583_k.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, M_Klipsch said:

As to that blower Chevy uses the blown LT4 Corvette engine in the ZL1 Camaro.

Yes, but is it covered in chrome and sticking out of the hood with dual quads and velocity stacks on top. A proper blower must obstruct some of your forward vision - oh and whine pretty loud. ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I can fix you up with a Hellcat Steve.

You will be the first person I call when I get to that point.

Ironically i kind of made an offer on a Hellcat 2 weeks ago.

We were at the dealership getting my Mom a new car, the same preowned Hellcat that was sitting in the same spot in the showroom since last August when I bought my scat pack my salesman mentioned how they would really love to move it.

I shot out a quick figure to him. If he would have jumped up and headed to the Managesr office I may have had to tackle him, except it would have been a heck of a deal.

It was a loaded Torr Red, black hood but had an auto. I am still a stick guy even though I know great the 8spd auto is in these cars cars.

If it would have been B5 with a stick, who knows...I can not change colors now or I would have to get a new license plate. :P

20170608_095939.jpg

1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

Straight line speed and squealing tires are what get you into trouble which is why I chose the STi .

IMG_2354.jpg

Let's go play on the on and off ramps :D

I love them

I had a 2002 WRX and a 2004 STi

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Straight line speed and squealing tires are what get you into trouble which is why I chose the STi .

IMG_2354.jpg

Mountain roads > straight line speed and squealing

My gf is a Subaru addict and has managed to get into plenty of trouble with them over the years. I think she's had 16 of them or something like that. At the moment, she has no Subarus. She replaced her '02 WRX daily driver with a Focus ST, and replaced her '02 WRX 560whp dog box car with this:

IMG_9310.jpg

10 hours ago, Ole Dollar said:

Yes, but is it covered in chrome and sticking out of the hood with dual quads and velocity stacks on top. A proper blower must obstruct some of your forward vision - oh and whine pretty loud. ;)

If you obstruct the view any more than the Camaro already is, you'd need an IFR rating to drive it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

IMG_2354.jpg

Nice! My daily driver is an '06 WRX Wagon. I seem to be running afoul of the file size restriction. So no pic.  I likely would be driving a new WRX but Subaru apparently forgot how to make wagons. 

I am a total wagon Geek.

1971 Buick Estate Wagon

I purchased it to be a tow rig, I thought it pulling my other Buicks on an open trailer would be cool plus it is a beast.

455, Turbo 400, Posi, 9 leaf springs in the rear.

The clam shell wagon is cool and can swallow entire 4'x8' sheets of plywood

It came out of Lubbock, TX, zero rust but the paint on ever horizontal surface is baked.

20141005_181311.jpg

• Like 5