Car Thread

burninator

18 minutes ago, Schu said:

My very first car was a ford country squire ltd... I loved that wood paneled big bad boy.

If ever I became inexplicably rich. i would probably source one out and restore it.

Those vehicles did have about a three year life span on sheet metal rust problems. You might have a problem finding one to rebuild but maybe there are some in Cuba.

JJK

I drove that sucker into the ground.... one day I was flying along the 5 freeway and it began to sputter... I SHIFTED into neutral and costed to the next offramp. I caught the green light and rolled into a strip mall parking lot. I tried to crank it once or twice before popping the hood and lifting it off to expose flames shooting out if the manifold. The car burned to the ground and I just walked away never to see it again. Not to responsible at 18 years of age :P

Just like this one

1971-country-squire-31-001.jpg.cf.jpg

While it ran... it was a bad mamajama.

• Like 3

I am a sucker for the modern wagon Dodge Magnum. I had a mint final year '08 that looked pretty nice with R/T wheels but had the small V6 that was smooth as helll but gutless for a car that size. Never a lick of trouble and if I could find another low mileage Hemi I'd probably give serious thought. 

• Like 1

Well, I started with a 79 Nova, straight six that I beat the crap out of daily. That was my first car. 

I next bought an 82 Camaro Berlinetta with the 305 auto and shift kit, it had one of those extended pedestal stereos in it which was more than a little odd, at least it was faster than my Nova. I split time with it and my dad's 1980 T-Bird after he passed away. 

I then traded that in on an 86 Olds Toronado with the 3800 V6, total luxury car in a compact package that had a crazy weird shift lever and it treated me well since I was logging lots of highway miles. 

Next up was my first new car, a 1992 T-Bird with the 5.0L in it, pretty much loaded except leather. Overall a really nice driving car that moved pretty well but kept my insurance much lower than a Mustang GT with the same engine. 

Next up was a brand new 2000 Pontiac Trans Am NHRA edition. I did all kinds of stuff to that one and owned it for five years, when I traded it in I had 7800 miles on it as I only lived four miles from work. 

Two kids now and no way that Trans Am could slip slide through another winter, time to be responsible. Traded it in on a new and fully loaded 2005 Dodge Durango. DVD for the kids, HEMI for me. Nice riding vehicle that did everything I asked of it. 

Kids were out of car seats and I needed my balls back so I bought myself a Plum Crazy 2007 Dodge Charger Daytona. I still wish I would have hung onto that one so I had it for the summer months. 

Alas, after five years and my landscape in need of an overhaul I traded it in on my daily driver to this day, a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie with a Sport hood on it in Tequila Sunrise which was extremely rare and only offered one year. I still get looks as to what color my truck is with most people stating they have never seen one in that color before. Two months after purchasing it we drove down from Michigan to Florida with my two kids, two dogs, the wife and I and gave up nothing in comfort. In fact my wife liked it so much she bought herself a new 2014 model, hers is in Electric Blue with the Ram-Boxes (which I wish I would have got on mine)

That's it for cars with me. Oh yeah, and my wife still loves but doesn't want to splurge on the new Alfa Romeo Giulia...looks like quite a car!

Tim

21 minutes ago, richieb said:

I am a sucker for the modern wagon Dodge Magnum. I had a mint final year '08 that looked pretty nice with R/T wheels but had the small V6 that was smooth as helll but gutless for a car that size. Never a lick of trouble and if I could find another low mileage Hemi I'd probably give serious thought. 

I bought a 2007 Charger Daytona in Plum Crazy with the Hemi and all loaded up, I actually thought about the Magnum too but my wife never liked it at all and I loved the Charger.

Tim

Someone has to stand up for the horsepower-challenged forum members. 105 hp and I use every one each time I drive.

5 speed manual that touches the redline with some regularity. I probably get to 60 mph in 9 seconds -- but it feels more like 8 seconds!

Future classic, 2004 Scion xB Release Series 1.

P.S. Nice cars guys!IMG_5042.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just this week, the owner of this bad boy offered to even trade me for my '23 T.  871 blower on a 496 big block, tubbed with all the goodies.  It was a long and difficult decision...

496SS.jpg.6e1d93a73e0e93c7bae31795d43ab1fe.jpg496SS2.jpg.688bab5f3153e740f5ba124a49c259dd.jpg

The offer is still open.  I really need to quit looking at this monster.  If it were a short bed with a toned down paint job, do believe I'd be driving a new rod :P

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

If it was raining, you might have jumped on it too. Hard to keep dry in that T. Truck would be better suited for picking up La Scalas too

Nope, trusty "ScalaHauler" still in active duty :D

ScalaHauler.thumb.jpg.77d5853244d03f2a3f39866a69f30378.jpg

...and yep, as you know Mook, a pair DO fit, wth an inch to spare :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Schu said:

My very first car was a ford country squire ltd... I loved that wood paneled big bad boy.

If ever I became inexplicably rich. i would probably source one out and restore it.

^^^^^^^!!

Many years ago I too had a "Woody" Country Squire.  Wish I still had it.  It would positively float down the freeway at an unstoppable speed.  Actually attracted a lot of attention and comments (???).  It carried the nickname, "Bulbous".  

9 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

My daily driver.

sl550bridge.jpg

Well just like those damn speaker boxes which I could have built if I had any skills, I don't. And yeah no problem owning that, those, MB's either. If I had the cash, I don't ! 

I've  just noticed I could do a lot of things "if" - lots of ifs in my like. If only ----

Nice German iron --

• Like 1