Car Thread

burninator

I lived in TN for  number of years... so of course I had to search out as many spots as possible...

5289891337_6f7ff6f091_o.jpg

One of my secret spots in central California...

4059920752_a08ec727cb_o.jpg

Angeles Crest Highway... One of the crown jewels of roads in southern California even though it's gotten crowded and the road has seen better days...

15954217755_fca142ec98_b.jpg

Watch a League of their Own sometime with Madonna / Tom Hanks / Geena Davis.  When the 12 year old boy tries to boink Geena Davis in the back seat, that was my grandfather's car, I'm supposed to be inheriting it.  My uncle was crouched in the back seat during this scene in case the kid lost control or needed coaching.  That was actually the kid driving up in it, it wasn't a stunt double or whatever.  1929 Model A Ford that he bought for $50 and used as a potato hauler until he restored it.  

car 1.jpg

car 2.jpg

car 3.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

X-Men movie?  Didn't know Jim was in to comic book movies.

I've gathered from reading you guys that have known him longer than I that he might be into a bunch of stuff he doesn't necessarily want to admit publicly

:o

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

He's baaaaaack.

A car thread is not where I would have much interest, so if you want to hide, this would be the place......I've owned some pretty cool cars (to me), but it's not an overriding passion.  Normal maintenance, changing oil, wiper blades, etc., is about as far as I go.....