Car Thread

burninator

On 7/31/2017 at 10:50 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Watch a League of their Own sometime with Madonna / Tom Hanks / Geena Davis.  When the 12 year old boy tries to boink Geena Davis in the back seat, that was my grandfather's car, I'm supposed to be inheriting it.  My uncle was crouched in the back seat during this scene in case the kid lost control or needed coaching.  That was actually the kid driving up in it, it wasn't a stunt double or whatever.  1929 Model A Ford that he bought for $50 and used as a potato hauler until he restored it.  

car 3.jpg

That young man has good taste

taste
tāst/
noun
noun: taste; plural noun: tastes
  1. a person's tendency to like and dislike certain things.

Just so there is no confusion.

1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

What's up with the parking spot ?

I took this at the dealership. The dealer parked the car in that spot after detailing it. I don't think anyone was gonna be using that spot, since the dealer had already closed for the night and we were the last customers there.

On 8/9/2017 at 2:01 AM, burninator said:

I took this at the dealership. The dealer parked the car in that spot after detailing it. I don't think anyone was gonna be using that spot, since the dealer had already closed for the night and we were the last customers there.

Gotcha , look forward to better pics :emotion-21::emotion-21:

• Like 1

'32 Ford 3 Window Coupe w/ a 392 Hemi from Big Al's Toy Box. Turbo 400 Trans & 9" Ford rear end... Dyno'ed at 540 rear wheel HP. Although I wasn't really concerned about HP as I went with the '58 Hemi for looks. Could have had 300+ more HP for less money with a big block Chevy that was every bit as streetable as this... 

598b63fb6ed6b_1185649_10203373994181561_267166914_ncopy.jpg.989d567e638b027fa73a9d731059a455.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, burninator said:

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

Although I'm more a Dodge guy that is a damn good looking car particularly this shot from the driver rear quarter. Great color for the design curves. Just don't tell my Mustang lovin' step-son I said this ! We love going back-forth on our cars of choice.

• Like 2