Car Thread

burninator

On 8/9/2017 at 0:40 PM, 32blownhemi said:

'32 Ford 3 Window Coupe w/ a 392 Hemi from Big Al's Toy Box. Turbo 400 Trans & 9" Ford rear end... Dyno'ed at 540 rear wheel HP. Although I wasn't really concerned about HP as I went with the '58 Hemi for looks. Could have had 300+ more HP for less money with a big block Chevy that was every bit as streetable as this...

540 ponies in a sub/just over 3,000 lb sled?  Uh, that should move along just fine.  I have a 2016 Ford Transit Van ( Full size, 250) that I opted to get for work that is costing me some time and dough.  Had a driveshaft coupler recall done, they used a rubber coupler from the tranny yolk to the shaft and they crack/fail.  Rubber should be nowhere near a driveshaft.  When they fail the driveshaft separates tearing up all kinds of good stuff. 

So, brake pedal was getting a little mushy.  Thought I needed some pads and a turn of the rotors.  Turns out my booster is leaking vacuum at 61,000 miles.  I checked what the tech said.  Popped the hood and had my oldest daughter get on the brake pedal.  Sure as anything, you can hear it.  Can't get the part for two weeks.

I have to say though, I ordered it with the 3.5 ecoboost motor, and it flogs a 7,400 lb (loaded weight) van around pretty well.  A V6, twin baby turbos, 310 horse/400 ft lb torque, pretty impressive.  Direct injection though, time will tell.

11 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Sounds pretty healthy.  Looks like some new exhaust pieces to help move some spent air/fuel.....

It's a 49k mile '95 Cobra engine that I got complete and untouched out of a wrecked car. Installed it in my '93 stock with a fresh oil pump and pickup, some new gaskets, and a '93 Cobra upper intake. 75mm MAF, 70mm throttle, 1 3/4" long tubes, and a Bassani cat back are the only real mods. I've only taken it for a quick spin around the block (brakes need to be bled after replacing booster and master cylinder), but it felt very strong and sounds amazing. Couldn't be happier :D

Now time for tune, hood paint and install, and I have full length subframe connectors and a strut brace from Maximum Motorsports that I need to install.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

Oh man, my stepson and his best friend Live for these Cobras' and photos. Both with Cobras' one with  Kenny Belle 'charger sitting atop. Me, I live to crush his exuberance with Dodge speak.

We have fun with all of it ----

Must not be a Chevy close to you:D

• Like 2

---- they grudgingly accept the 6.4 Challenger. 

Due to our now PC world I will let you figure out the Camaro slang they use - G-ymaro. I actually think the latest Camaro looks pretty damn tough. Haven't looked at an interior close up but the interiors from the past couple generations were extremely cheap looking. Now if I were to bring home a big HP Camaro my stepson would absolutely flip out. It would be so much fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

I guess you missed my sentence - "I actually think the latest Camaro looks pretty damn tough".

No, I saw it.  I was agreeing with you on one hand and aiming that others who aren't fans of bowties.  Should have been more clear.....

1 minute ago, LalaWoots said:

My 72 Cuda Restomod I sold a few years back.

Any regrets??  Had to edit.  Was that bagged?  The crossmember and pan look like they wouldn't go over a pebble.  Like the look though.