Car Thread

burninator

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

OOOHHH.....I'll take the black one!

Very nice. Who get's to drive the Porche?

My wife just bought the Porsche (it's a 2006).  She'll drive it most of the time, but I'll sneak in a few drives now and then.  Somebody has to put it through it's paces to keep it properly exercised :D

The 2013 Camaro SS 1LE is mine, and can chew up the Porsche from a performance perspective but character of the Porsche is simply awesome and the top down back roads cruising is a real joy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bkevind said:

My wife just bought the Porsche (it's a 2006).  She'll drive it most of the time, but I'll sneak in a few drives now and then.  Somebody has to put it through it's paces to keep it properly exercised :D

The 2013 Camaro SS 1LE is mine, and can chew up the Porsche from a performance perspective but character of the Porsche is simply awesome and the top down back roads cruising is a real joy.

Is the Porsche manual or automatic shift? Important for ladies.

JJK

On 1/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, JJkizak said:

Is the Porsche manual or automatic shift? Important for ladies.

JJK

Hah.  Oh it's a manual.  That was a requirement.  I met my wife in a sportsbike club, we honeymooned in Italy, both riding motorcycles around central Italy, specifically scheduled to catch the MotoGP race at Mugello.  She's done riding the track, but she knows how to have a good time :D

And furthermore, Klipsch was her idea, I showed her some options and she was all about the RF-7 II's. 

1 hour ago, bkevind said:

Hah.  Oh it's a manual.  That was a requirement.  I met my wife in a sportsbike club, we honeymooned in Italy, both riding motorcycles around central Italy, specifically scheduled to catch the MotoGP race at Mugello.  She's done riding the track, but she knows how to have a good time :D

And furthermore, Klipsch was her idea, I showed her some options and she was all about the RF-7 II's. 

Mugello, and MotoGP racing....doesn't get any better than that.

• Like 1

Ironically, she now sees the value in being able to garage a nice car.  Suddenly she feels my pain with the Camaro being stuck outside since October thanks to the slowest kitchen renovation ever.   Whereas before, she was just like whatever.

Thankfully the reno is in it's final stages so I was able to clear out space for her princess.  And a plan is in works to clear out the other side for my toy.  Eventually we'll be building a shop with office space (we both work from home) on the bottom lot, the attached garage will for parking only. 

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Does Porsche still use needle bearings on their crankshaft journals?

JJK

I have no idea, I'm a driver with basic mechanical knowledge.  Maintenance, part replacements, boltons, etc but never have torn down an engine.  Inside it's all a big mystery of explosions and spinny things to me.  :D   

• 1 month later...

I fixed up this 1958 Imperial LeBaron and sold it to a museum in Florida.  Dezer museum.  Fairly rare car, all stock and everything worked when sold.  The hubcaps were removed by me just in case someone wanted them while it was parked outside.  They were the rare 58 lebaron version.

Currently working on a 2 door hardtop with the all the options except power windows.

sold imperial lebaron.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...