Car Thread

burninator

On 6/7/2017 at 4:35 AM, M_Klipsch said:

I can't let this thread go all Mustang. B)

2016 Camaro SS. What have I done to it? I hard wired the radar detector. Making it faster seems sorta pointless. Even at 6/10ths it's already way beyond a responsible velocity for all but the most deserted back roads. 

IMG_0007.JPG

Woooow!! Gorgeous car!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, JonathanBrown said:

Woooow!! Gorgeous car!

Thank ya. It was a great car. Due to some issues with my wife’s car I had to trade it to get her a new one.  Chevy really had a good thing with the Gen6 Camaros. At least through 2018. Then they RUINED them. Oh well, it was a fun toy while I had it. 

12 hours ago, M_Klipsch said:

Thank ya. It was a great car. Due to some issues with my wife’s car I had to trade it to get her a new one.  Chevy really had a good thing with the Gen6 Camaros. At least through 2018. Then they RUINED them. Oh well, it was a fun toy while I had it. 

You mean, when your wife had...

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 2:52 PM, burninator said:

3.73 in mine, which I always thought was a great balance.

I was running a Ford 9 inch traction Lock with 3.91 / 1 and 28 spline axles, but recently stepped up to a Nine Inch Ford Nodular pig with a Detroit Locker, Daytona Pinion Support and a 4.40 / 1 ring and pinion and 32 spline axles, but I have been running Goodyear wrinkle wall slicks on the street with front runners for a bout 30 years.  :D

Roger

• Like 2

Local guy has a 57 Chevy Bel Air that his father bought and put in the garage.  What's he do after his father passes?  Puts it in his garage.  There it sits with less than 1k miles on it.  Puts it in the local car shows around here and cleans up every time.  The down side?  It's canary yellow!  Have to get some pics IF there's ever another car show!  :)

• Like 3

On 6/7/2017 at 9:28 AM, Davis said:

So far we have a Ford and a Chevrolet.

Lets shake it up with some diversity.

1968 Skylark Gran Sport

1970 Riviera 455 .@ 030 = 462 C.I.

TA Performance Stage 1SE aluminum heads

TA Performance single plane intake

Holley 850 double pumper

Mickey Thompson equal length headers with full 3" mandrel exhaust and flowmasters

Muncie M20 4 speed

3.42 Posi 12 bolt

235/60-15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials

I bought this car out of Newton NC in 1996

It was solid but well used.

gasolinealley1.jpg

yardofbricks.jpg

I will bet that Torque motor likes that M-20 wide ratio out of the hole.  :D

Better stay away from slicks though, the M-20 sure aint no M-22 or Top Loader...  :D

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 9:38 AM, Ole Dollar said:

Yes, but is it covered in chrome and sticking out of the hood with dual quads and velocity stacks on top. A proper blower must obstruct some of your forward vision - oh and whine pretty loud. ;)

Whine from a Roots Blower depends on the belt and pulleys you choose. The whine comes from trapping air between the belt and the pulley.

Roger

On 6/10/2017 at 1:16 PM, Wardsweb said:

I will just say, "There will always be someone with more and someone with less: education, life expectancy, money, stuff. Serenity comes not from what you have, but knowing what you can live without."

Hey Luther !!

How about some photos of your 426 Hemi from back in the day  ??  :D

Rog