Car Thread

burninator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

My best friend just bought a new to him toy 2 days ago and we took it out last night. Copperhead Edition #5 out of 300, never wrecked with 16,000 original miles... 100 mph in 6th gear comes in at 1,600 RPM's.

WERE YOU IMPRESSED

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

WERE YOU IMPRESSED

Randy,

Hell yea for a Chrysler. I think it needs twin turbos though and the stock shifter sucks for banging gears.

Also, he is about 6'2 and I am 6'3" and those doors and windows are for midgets. Furthermore those lower Rockers with the hidden side pipes get pretty friggin hot if you are putting your foot in her and it is hard to get in and out of without hitting those on your calf, but gets a lot more attention than a Vette and it is nice to drive a modern car that actually has torque! It didn't even lug in 6th gear at 100 mph. 19 mpg isn't bad for a big cube V-10 either.

The Copper Head edition was also put on a 500 pound diet.

Roger

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Randy,

Hell yea for a Chrysler. I think it needs twin turbos though and the stock shifter sucks for banging gears.

Also, he is about 6'2 and I am 6'3" and those doors and windows are for midgets. Furthermore those lower Rockers with the hidden side pipes get pretty friggin hot if you are putting your foot in her and it is hard to get in and out of without hitting those on your calf, but gets a lot more attention than a Vette and it is nice to drive a modern car that actually has torque! It didn't even lug in 6th gear at 100 mph. 19 mpg isn't bad for a big cube V-10 either.

Roger

16 k miles is brand new -----for a 2005 -the shifter linkage can be changed ,  and so can the transmission which is a Tremec ------it definitely does not shift like a manual  Porsche , but at 1/4 of the price , it aint bad -she's the widest they make , this car takes up the entire  lane  from side to side --------forget the windows , doors , it's not made for tall guys -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

16 k miles is brand new -----for a 2005 -the shifter linkage can be changed ,  and so can the transmission which is a Tremec ------it definitely does not shift like a manual  Porsche , but at 1/4 of the price , it aint bad -she's the widest they make , this car takes up the entire  lane  from side to side --------forget the windows , doors , it's not made for tall guys -

Randy,

What Tranny options fit and what about shifters ?

Yeah, she is wide, that console is real wide. First thing I have been in with him where we weren't really hitting elbows or pushing each others arms off of a console in the middle. Hell we can't even do that in his 3/4 ton Chevy or his 3/4 ton Ford

I take that back though, his H-1 was wider  :D

She steers like a Go-Cart, but the *** end is really loose. It is no wonder about 2/3rds of them are fixed wrecks.

She also needs a rear wing. 

The guy my buddy bought this one from had a second one, with a wing, lots of carbon fiber and engine mods with nitrous and 900 rear wheel Horsepower,

I also like that it is a rag top.... maybe I am getting too old?

Roger

• 3 weeks later...

This is my old RSX...not the fastest car I ever built, but it was the one that was finished.

Follow the link for all the pics and the info....my phone is broke so I do not have access to the pics now other than the magazine article.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/htup-1103-2003-acura-rsx-type-s/

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Had a couple of cars on the dyno recently that put out decent power.  This S2000 made 474whp at 15 PSI and went on 2 days later to get the fastest time of the day at his next event.

Lower curve is my S2000 at ~9 PSI.

100515878_10207234814745305_867296276087

82253829_10207237906142588_5884407775966

This one is an STi with a built motor and 31 PSI of boost on Gen 2 GTX 3582.

50132204576_d9a4ee7037_h.jpg

50131647913_960418fc44_h.jpg

Also, not too long ago, we flat-lined the dyno with the Taurus SHO.

100851006_3363221427044110_4281014931530

49675200027_d0d33c8b30_h.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/20/2020 at 7:00 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

She steers like a Go-Cart, but the *** end is really loose. It is no wonder about 2/3rds of them are fixed wrecks.

She also needs a rear wing. 

The guy my buddy bought this one from had a second one, with a wing, lots of carbon fiber and engine mods with nitrous and 900 rear wheel Horsepower,

I read somewhere that most Vipers are low-milers.  Many owners don’t drive them all that much.  I don’t know why.

As to the rear end getting loose, one time around 1998 I took my last van to the dealer for a service, and near the reception area a Viper was parked.  All the body panels had been unbolted and were just sitting or leaning on the car.  When I asked about it, I was told that its owner was doing a donut in a parking lot.  It got away from him and he hit a curb hard enough to bend the frame.

I prefer cars that just bend a rim or an A-arm when that happens.  Speaking from experience, I had a ‘71 Vette back in the late Seventies.  I thought it would be good in the Toronto winter, because it had Posi, plastic don’t rust, plus the small cabin heats up quickly.  Sure, but yes, the rear end gets loose on snow and ice, especially when it’s rolling on summer T/As.

Anyway, to get to the point, it spun out at low speed on a snowy road and the right rear wheel hit the curb.  The wheel was still straight, but the hub was bent.  I was able to drive it home, and it didn’t cost much to fix.  Those delicate cars are best left to rich guys who can afford to fix them, in my opinion.  As for me, I was on a low budget back then, and even the Corvette got to be tiresome to own, needing something fixed every month.  But that’s another story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Islander said:

I read somewhere that most Vipers are low-milers.  Many owners don’t drive them all that much.  I don’t know why.

As to the rear end getting loose, one time around 1998 I took my last van to the dealer for a service, and near the reception area a Viper was parked.  All the body panels had been unbolted and were just sitting or leaning on the car.  When I asked about it, I was told that its owner was doing a donut in a parking lot.  It got away from him and he hit a curb hard enough to bend the frame.

I prefer cars that just bend a rim or an A-arm when that happens.  Speaking from experience, I had a ‘71 Vette back in the late Seventies.  I thought it would be good in the Toronto winter, because it had Posi, plastic don’t rust, plus the small cabin heats up quickly.  Sure, but yes, the rear end gets loose on snow and ice, especially when it’s rolling on summer T/As.

Anyway, to get to the point, it spun out at low speed on a snowy road and the right rear wheel hit the curb.  The wheel was still straight, but the hub was bent.  I was able to drive it home, and it didn’t cost much to fix.  Those delicate cars are best left to rich guys who can afford to fix them, in my opinion.  As for me, I was on a low budget back then, and even the Corvette got to be tiresome to own, needing something fixed every month.  But that’s another story.

Corvettes work best in winter driving with 4 studded snow tires on all four wheels. Why? The breaking is 90% on the front wheels and you need traction there and also to maintain breaking stability and tracking through frozen ice ruts. Also when making a turn the positraction will tend to make the car go straight instead of turning unless the front wheels are hooked up. Another point is if you drive through winters for 8 years in a row the frame will rust and break right at the rear wheel area causing the car to drive squirrely. The car then is held together with the fiber glass body. You may wonder how I know this. I did this and it happened with my 1979 corvette. And yes a new frame and various other stuff.

JJK

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 1:56 AM, Islander said:

Danny, my best buddy Farms over 4,500 acres, has a 400,000 chicken egg farm he owns. He owns five semis, two newer 3/4 ton diesel pickups, one newer, top model Jeep Grand Cherokee, it has some word denoting the top model that lights up in the door sills, a 2020 model $50,000 Jeep with over $15,000 in aftermarket extras, a small black two seater Mercedes with convertible hard top, a 1978 Z-28 with a 496 cubic inch big block, turbo 400 and 12 bolt and the Viper. I think he can afford it... He also pushes over 100 lots of snow in the winter, play the market, his Jeeps liscense plate is "BUY PUTS" and the Vipers plate was bought by his wife and is "BD BABY" and yes, it is her name for him and means what you think. He also has three large gun safes and over $100,000 in his master bathroom, plus two cabins in the Smokies, 14 acres in the Smokies he is planning on developing into a camp grounds, a Condominium beach side on Daytona Beach and a time share at Disney World, and no, he isn't strapped at all.

Roger