Car Thread

burninator

Up date on the sticky injectors (Z4 BMW).  Googled best fuel system cleaners and Chevron has a product called Techron that was rated well.  Poured in a bottle with gas tank 1/4 full.  Drove it about 20 miles then filled up.  Took it out on a stretch of the interstate with little traffic and took it up to 110 mph. No further problem.  Repeated the process on the next fill up.  Bought a 6 pack from Amazon and will use it time to time.  Also put a bottle in LFs Volvo XC60.

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Up date on the sticky injectors (Z4 BMW).  Googled best fuel system cleaners and Chevron has a product called Techron that was rated well.  Poured in a bottle with gas tank 1/4 full.  Drove it about 20 miles then filled up.  Took it out on a stretch of the interstate with little traffic and took it up to 110 mph. No further problem.  Repeated the process on the next fill up.  Bought a 6 pack from Amazon and will use it time to time.  Also put a bottle in LFs Volvo XC60.

The classic Italian tune-up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

If I remember correctly, Chevron claims to put Techron in their gasoline...

I had a 1999 Chevy Silverado and twice had the injectors replaced (warranty covered).  Got a letter from Chevrolet stating that I shouldn't use Chevron gas because one of the additives gummed up the injectors. they said it only affected the engines used in two year models -- one year was 99 and don't recall if the other was 98 or 2000.  

• Like 1

As I recall our big diesel injectors had to be disassembled and cleaned and tested every 700 hours because of the very hard buildup causing them to change the pop off point.

The mechanics had a special gizzy for testing them. I believe we had 9 engines.

JJK

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Took it out on a stretch of the interstate with little traffic and took it up to 110 mph. No further problem

last time I did that, I got a ticket. Cop asked me why I was doing 94 mph.  I told him that I didn't know why; but my Dad was a cop and he died at a young age.  he said he'd write me the ticket for 65 in a 55 zone so that I didn't have to appear in court (since I was in central California, hours from home). 

On 12/11/2020 at 4:25 PM, Davis said:

I saw the trailer and thought big deal he jumps a boat.

Was I ever wrong.

It is just after that, it all goes Wild.

I used to live on Duke of Gloucester Street, the street he first shot down to the harbor.  How and when did the Annapolis city fathers and mothers allow this @baron167 ?

• Like 1

A damn gifted French stuntwoman, Champion of Stunt competition. She has shot several films as a stuntwoman and understudy of Scarlett Johansson / The Avengers 2 & Black Widow (release scheduled for 2021), Claire Foy / Millenium, Zoe Kravitz / Catwoman in The Batman, ... With more grace than the men on the bike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

last time I did that, I got a ticket. Cop asked me why I was doing 94 mph.  I told him that I didn't know why; but my Dad was a cop and he died at a young age.  he said he'd write me the ticket for 65 in a 55 zone so that I didn't have to appear in court (since I was in central California, hours from home). 

I remember that story Steve.  You, in the peak of your earning years, commissioned a well known bike builder to create something really special.  I think you named it "The Belle Taco Mangusta S with Gull Wing Doors and Extra Cheese".  That thing was a beast and the biggest challenge was getting all the name on the fuel tank.   What did you ever do with it....I mean besides get tickets?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2021 at 12:13 AM, sunburnwilly said:

Dude,

If you want to see some Bad.. Assed... Bugs, go on mt Facebook page and look up Damon Harmon, that's Kevin Harmons little brother and he has two Super Stock VW Beetles, think 9.13 in the quarter naturally aspirated and rowing gears !!!

Rog

• Like 2

22 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dude,

If you want to see some Bad.. Assed... Bugs, go on mt Facebook page and look up Damon Harmon, that's Kevin Harmons little brother and he has two Super Stock VW Beetles, think 9.13 in the quarter naturally aspirated and rowing gears !!!

Rog

• 3 weeks later...