Car Thread

burninator

One of my tuning customer's (jaz TUNING is my business) currently has their car on display at Summit Racing in Georgia.  If you're in the near area, check it out!

If you're near the Summit Racing store in Georgia, stop in and check out a familiar SHO on display in the front of the store!

51053079536_0575fd92a5_k.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

One of my tuning customer's (jaz TUNING is my business) currently has their car on display at Summit Racing in Georgia.  If you're in the near area, check it out!

If you're near the Summit Racing store in Georgia, stop in and check out a familiar SHO on display in the front of the store!

front wheel  drive

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best Friend called last night, he farms 4,500 acres, between 7.5 and 8 square miles and also owns a 400,000 chicken egg farm amongst several other buisenesses, so he is in the middle of planting and this is probably dependent on the weather but we are taking his convertible Viper 1.5 hours to columbus, Ohio on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, don't know yet but we are going to the Lamborghini dealership and he has set up a test drive for both him and myself, he wants me to drive it also and know what I think... "F" Corona virus, life is good !

Roger

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Put the RZR on the dyno to get a baseline before adding a turbo.  This dyno didn't like picking up RPM signal, so I will be on a DynoJet dyno next week.  I have seen a stock dyno video and it made 45 whp.  I have added E85, tuned it, clutch kit, and larger/heavier wheels/tires, so I am curious to see what it will put down next week.

3 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

Put the RZR on the dyno to get a baseline before adding a turbo.  This dyno didn't like picking up RPM signal, so I will be on a DynoJet dyno next week.  I have seen a stock dyno video and it made 52 whp.  I have added E85, tuned it, clutch kit, and larger/heavier wheels/tires, so I am curious to see what it will put down next week.

What is the cost of that machine?

JJK

19 hours ago, JJkizak said:

What is the cost of that machine?

JJK

I paid $14k last year... Value has probably gone up as the demand has become so high.  It's absurd what people will spend on the bigger models at $30-35k! 

It has changed a little since I got it. 

IMG_20200617_190258

7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Never looked into tuning....don't know how it's done.  My Z4 puts out 335hp stock.  Who can give me the Cliff Notes version?

Tuning is basically changing the engine management software to give the vehicle more power.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 5:42 AM, JL Sargent said:

Never even considered the idea of somebody "tuning" a Rzr. That's interesting.

People are getting more and more into the SxS stuff and people are making some serious power for the size these motors are.  I am actually about to fabricate a turbo setup for mine once I get my turbo back from Advanced Thermal Products, where I am having them make an Inconel shield around the hot side of the turbo.  I'd like 110-125whp at the wheels to help with the bigger, heavier wheels and tires I am using, my altitude, and just for some more feeling of getting put back into your seat.  In reality, it's mainly because I can't leave anything alone.  :)

On 5/17/2021 at 6:06 AM, Tarheel said:

Never looked into tuning....don't know how it's done.  My Z4 puts out 335hp stock.  Who can give me the Cliff Notes version?

The short of it, I use my laptop to change timing, fueling, scale in Volumetric Efficiency (VE) more accurately, cam timing, etc.  In the case of factory turbo cars, we can bump the boost higher, which gives pretty good increases.  Some of tuning a car is making it hit targets, where any OEM tuning will be close enough to handle all the cars off the factory line, which are all a little different.  Once you start changing parts, tuning becomes a must.  When I put on my turbo, I will be swapping injectors and a MAP sensor, along with changing the VE of the motor.  I will have to scale the injectors in, scale VE based on the higher reading MAP sensor, etc.  

Here is a video of me tuning one of my own cars last year.  This is my track car, which I have added a turbo to and run E85 on.

This was from a few weeks ago.  We were trying to actually get a 1,xxx wheel hp dyno with a worn motor, knowing it might go.  Compared to this video, we've run 20 more PSI at the track, than what we did here.  This shows part of the tuning process.  This car was a little different compared to most vehicles I do in that not only is it on an aftermarket ECU, but there was no base map to start with, so I had to build it from scratch.

A few months ago, I went out to tune another SHO owned by the same guy.  This SHO was built up for another TV that will air towards the end of the year...  Can't share anything more than that, but I will say that we did extremely well on this show, unlike the other show we did on Netflix.  

I do a lot of these cars (Subarus), which are a bad choice for making a lot of power out of, but the parts are available to drain money on.  😛  This car was actually put together well and made great power.  I actually turned up the boost after tuning it on the dyno, so I probably was just over 700whp.

I am looking forward to getting this back on the dyno again soon to bump up the power a bit.  I really like tuning fun track cars.  :)

Sorry, I can post tuning/racing stuff for days.  I enjoy the hell out of it and having retired from one job, I look forward to leaving my current full-time job in a couple years to do this full-time.  I think the SxS stuff will start being a bigger thing for me as the EPA is making things harder for anything that was once a certified emissions-compliant vehicle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Even here in the states that’s a good looking Mustang. And the 911 needs no comment - 

A good friend of mine does the final tuning parameters for ProCharger here in KC. And yes a good tune, from someone who knows his shite, can transform a car. He recently tuned another friends new GT500 and found Ford has the engine unbelievably dumbed down . For warranty concerns they are tuned very rich but Fords electronics are some of the easiest to work through. 

• Like 1