Car Thread

burninator

Yeah, definitely not joking. The tuning wouldn't be any different here.  We'd need a larger fuel tank, but this car would be able to handle a mile on the tunes it runs down the 1/4 mile. The real trick would be the shutdown as the rear end gets really light. 

I'm a road course and AutoX guy.  It's cool to hit fast speeds in a straight, but also meh for the most part. 

40+ years of motocross. I still have my racebikes but haven't ridden them in a couple years. I've done everything except hillclimb and ice racing. MX was just an easy way to race a lot. Compared to other forms it's dirt cheap. Dirt track can be "budget" racing as well but it depends on where ya live. There's an MX track almost everywhere.

In all that I've done the thrill of an open class two stroke motocross bike is hard to beat. I still have my 1980 YZ465. Cars of that caliber are just too expensive to buy let alone race.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Had some fun with the side-by-sides this weekend and hit some trails out here in Arkansas.  Of course, you get two tuners together with tuned machines, of course we ended the weekend with a race.  :)

My machine (camera car) is a 2021 RZR XP turbo with silicone charge tubes, BC intercooler (air:water to replace the stock unit that is known to crack), Dalton clutching, and a tune on E50.  His machine is a 2019 Yamaha YXZ with a Weller turbo kit, MoTec ECU, and tuned on E85.  I don't know what mine makes exactly, but his did 180whp on the dyno.

These things are a blast!

52781870042_f9d87644d4_k.jpg

On 12/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, geezin' said:

40+ years of motocross. I still have my racebikes but haven't ridden them in a couple years. I've done everything except hillclimb and ice racing. MX was just an easy way to race a lot. Compared to other forms it's dirt cheap. Dirt track can be "budget" racing as well but it depends on where ya live. There's an MX track almost everywhere.

In all that I've done the thrill of an open class two stroke motocross bike is hard to beat. I still have my 1980 YZ465. Cars of that caliber are just too expensive to buy let alone race.

Check out Poags Hole videos on the net. Local to me. 🙂