Car Thread

burninator

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

Then I purchased a Merc like the one in the photo 

A Mercedes 280 E for the wife while I drive the BMW 

Kids were on the way 

This car drove thousands of Kms without issues and comfort 

Did many road trips from Brisbane to Newcastle 1000 Km each way to visit my family 

ebay908144.jpg

I love that car. Even a 70's 240D in off white and everything stock.

3224.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

OK this is a multi car post 

This car is a business associates McLaren - he has passed recently 

Drove well and I got a thrill in it 

IMG-6256.jpg

I test drove this Audi RS6 because my friends son was the salesman 

Lots of fun in that car 

IMG-6165.jpg

IMG-6163.jpg

We used to make Ford cars in Australia since the 1960s 

And this was the last one of the GT line made - the dealership is a client and I took a photo of it in the showroom 

Car is a Ford GT Falcon 

6-CC30-FAC-3479-4549-9859-25-C937-ED3530

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 4:54 AM, geezin' said:

A little Jeep Cancer there? That's what did my 217K mile '02 Liberty in. Still ran great but it had it to the point wasn't worth the effort to repair.

That's the problem in eastern Canada, too.  People sometimes avoid white cars, because the rust is more noticeable on them.   The new ones are much better, but back in the Seventies and Eighties, most cars and vans would eventually rust out.  Some brands are more susceptible, but I once saw a Roll-Royce with the body rotted right through, just behind the passenger side rear door, with black tape to cover the hole.

Supposedly, there's a different chemical that could be used to thaw the ice on the roads, but the salt is so cheap that every city and township keeps using it.  Or maybe they're being bribed by Big Salt...  Just trying to start a conspiracy theory, lol.

5 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I MIG welded (with bad eyes and arthritis) these reinforcements along the main center uniframes.

I had  a Grand Cherokee Limited 94  240 HP 5.2L   I drove it for years from  NY-VT through PA  to Washington DC every weekend   ,   these Jeeps needed  a Gold warranty  , the repairs to the full time Selec-Trac 4 wheel drive  were quite  expensive ,  

=

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

I had  a Grand Cherokee Limited 94  40 HP 5.2L   I drove it for years from  NY-VT through PA  to Washington DC every weekend   ,   these Jeeps needed  a Gold warranty  , the repairs to the full time Selec-Trac 4 wheel drive  were quite  expensive ,  

=

My 1993 5.2 has quadratrack. Luckily never had a problem with it.

JJK