Car Thread

burninator

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Yes, but they have 4 doors  . . . taxi cabs and cop cars have 4 doors.  

In 1967, the MSU campus police had 4-door 442s, with the same sexy Wlaker Chamber Pipe exhaust.  They were cool sedans, but they were still sedans.  I understand the influence of Lansing's Oldsmobile HQ, but did they really need pursuit capabilities on a campus?  They must have been worried about catching my 150 hp Corvair powered 61 VW Beetle. :-)

Scat Pack Challenger is a 2 door.

Challengers have every power train combo of a Charger plus the added bonus of a stick.

I wasn't aware that you could get a Scat Pack Challenger.  I know Challengers are 2-doors and Chargers are cop cars, I mean 4-doors.

Seriously, how long can FCA keep selling nothing but high hp Challengers and Chargers?  What cars do they still offer?  Now rumors are that FCA is considering offers for the Jeep brand.  If I were a Mopar dealer, I'd be concerned about the product mix.

On 8/29/2017 at 6:45 AM, DizRotus said:

I wasn't aware that you could get a Scat Pack Charger.  I know Challengers are 2-doors and Chargers are cop cars, I mean 4-doors.

Seriously, how long can FCA keep selling nothing but high hp Challengers and Chargers?  What cars do they still offer?  Now rumors are that FCA is considering offers for the Jeep brand.  If I were a Mopar dealer, I'd be concerned about the product mix.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/04/11/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-is-absolute-beast.html

On 9/6/2017 at 8:45 AM, Ceptorman said:

The Indiana boys did very well at the Nationals. I thought Capps was finally going to win one. Were there any records broken?

Yes they did.

Drew Skillman and JR Todd event winners with Bo Butner winning his first round matchup.

It was cool to see 3 generations of Skillmans racing. Grand dad Ray running an 8 second FS car and dad Bill running an even quicker FS.

• Like 2

Hello everyone..................I know, I am late to the party................I was asked to come visit here and talk cars rather then over in Coffee and Cables..............so, I thought I would stop by and check out a few pages of postings, I see some familiar 'faces' here ;)

Speaking of ETs.....  Has anyone been following that young kid making all that money on youTube with his dad's little Tesla ?   That thing runs 10.5's with a gutted interior !    He has 'killed' some pretty outrageously built street / strip muscle....   I subscribed because the kid is NOT an arse, doesn't make excuses and is honest, oh, and doesn't gloat either.....and that is hard to find in this 'hobby'..........fun stuff :)

40 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Hello everyone..................I know, I am late to the party................I was asked to come visit here and talk cars rather then over in Coffee and Cables..............so, I thought I would stop by and check out a few pages of postings, I see some familiar 'faces' here ;)

Speaking of ETs.....  Has anyone been following that young kid making all that money on youTube with his dad's little Tesla ?   That thing runs 10.5's with a gutted interior !    He has 'killed' some pretty outrageously built street / strip muscle....   I subscribed because the kid is NOT an arse, doesn't make excuses and is honest, oh, and doesn't gloat either.....and that is hard to find in this 'hobby'..........fun stuff :)

If those Tesla's are ripping guys up NHRA will shove them into a different class to satisfy the big boys.

JJK

• 3 weeks later...

Another weekend at a different drag strip.

This is not the nicest strip by far but it up close and personal.

The 37th annual Buick GS Nationals and all but one of them has been in Bowling Green, KY.

This is my 23rd consecutive event. Bowling Green is home away from home.

20170916_120553.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schu said:

That cowl is ridiculous... even if there was a plenum in there, it doesn't need that much volume does it?

No, but he doesn't want to disturb the air vortexes at different speeds entering the carburetor which will loose power and cause uneven fuel distribution to the cylinders. If you have a blower you don't need to worry about that. Then again the more radical it is ?

JJK

That car is a very well engineered and built normally aspirated Buick with a single 4 barrel carb 

Track and weather conditions were not ideal and the car was having trouble putting down the power at the starting line.

60 foot times were 1.15 sec which is .07 off its best.

Car did run 8.321@160MPH

• 4 weeks later...