WTB - Single Forte II Passive Radiator

wrxnofx

• Moderators

If it's not a huge tear it can be fixed, if not call klipsch, they may sell a replacement if the fortee lll passive is the same ? I don't know if it is but it couldn't hurt to ask.  

I'll take some pics of the tear when I get home and post them.  Admittedly I was so bummed that I could barely even look at it, plus all the other drama of a move made it so that I don't know how bad it actually is.  I've never repaired a cone before, however.  I've reviewed some of the other posts on this community from people who had the exact same thing happen.  The consensus seems to be that since this is a passive radiator it's easier to fix since it's just a matter of creating a closed air system. Cigarette papers or coffee filters and white glue.

I called Klipsch and they said that it's possible that the Forte III passive radiator MAY fit, but that modification to the cabinet may be required.  They said to call back in September once the speakers are out and they've had a chance to test it themselves.

Hey there,  I know the frustration of a tear on the passive radiator. When I got my fortes II's there was a tear one one too. I ended up sending both passive radiators to Simply Speakers and they did an awesome job. I would gladly recommend them. 

Even though only one passive radiator was damagaed, I sent both in to ensure that they were both tuned the same back to OEM specs. 

Thats my 2 cents, hope it helps. 

OOOH - Thanks for this!  Shipping would be very cost prohibitive (I'm in Minneapolis and he's in the DC area.)  Perhaps he'd be willing to part it out and send me just the radiator.  Worth a shot, right?

Edited by wrxnofx

Well, it might be costly, but the UPS Store will pickup, pack and ship for you.  You could pay for the item via an agreed upon method, then dispatch UPS.  I suppose if you swap out your damaged radiator for the good one, you could just part out or sell whole the spare Forte.  It seems possible, but not inexpensive or easy.

Give it time, other options should materialize.