Please recommend a Receiver!

Salvador

Well, that answers one of the questions...

Without knowing what features you want and if you're looking explicitly for movies or music or more this or that, I can't say any one thing for sure.

Anyway, here's a wild dart...

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa760bl/yamaha-rx-a760-7.2-ch-x-90-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

• 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with HDCP 2.2, HDR and BT.2020 support
  • Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ surround sound processing (5.1.2-ch)
  • Bluetooth®, built-in Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct for wireless music streaming
  • AirPlay®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, Spotify®, Sirius XM Internet Radio and AV Controller app

The RX-A760 wouldn't be a bad deal.

If you're going 5 channels, and budget wasn't so constrained you could get separates.  About $1100 would get you there, and you'd get triple wattage per channel, all channels driven.  Emotiva's A-500 runs $499, and their MC-700 runs $599 - those two together would be a really nice pairing with those speakers.

Buddy, I have no doubt you'd forget all about Yamaha and be pissing off about every neighbor on your block.

https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/mc-700

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/500

ETA, my mistake.  The A-500 is rated at 80 WPC all channels driven, juxtaposed to an unknown wattage for the Yamaha.  Regardless, the A-500 is a workhorse and should supply you with ample power.  (I was thinking of the A-5175 @ 125x5 WPC)  The 500/700 is a killer setup and you won't be disappointed none-the-less.

Want a powerful receiver that offers everything except Atmos? Here it is!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sherbourn-SR120-7-1-Channel-175-Watt-Receiver-Incredible-sound-Hardly-used-/232314962703?hash=item36170d030f:g:1cMAAOSwVm5ZASt~

I own four of these and I would run it up against any receiver. In fact it doesn't take a back seat at all to my combination of XPA-5 and XPA-2 putting out 200 x 5 and 300 x 5 into 8ohms. This receiver will blow your mind as far as power. I think I the volume dial on the receiver goes to 100 and my normal listening level (not quiet mind you) is around 7.5-10 on the dial. It has a parametric EQ, it has Dolby Volume, mic, room correction, it has everything imaginable as far as custom settings to dial in your speakers as far as crossovers, treble, bass, and all that. This guy on Ebay started at $1200 and is down to $800 or best now. They don't come around very often and they are sweet sounding. Offer this guy $700 or so and see what he says. 73lbs and built like a tank. Absolutely blew my Yamaha RX-V2700 out of the room. It offers 125 real watts across the front three and real 75 wpc across the other four....way more than those Yamahas, Denons Onkyos, etc. As long as you are not planning on cutting holes in your ceiling for Atmos this has everything else. You won't be disappointed

It offers up more power than that Emotiva separates Michael linked you and it is built by the same company. Sherbourn used to be the Professional Installer wing of Emotiva and Jade Design.

Tim

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Salvador said:

Like the Emotiva set up ! That would obviously be an upgrade to what I have? Listen louder and less distortion? Do they offer trial period? If so I am pulling the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do Salvador, 30 days risk free!