My DIY nod to PWK

Wardsweb

Here is a picture of some speakers that I just completed. You could call them Cornwall III clones or Cornwall inspired, but they are DIY scratch built speakers. The cabinets are Baltic birch covered in South African waterfall bubinga. They are filled with factory drivers and crossovers, so of course, they sound amazing. I'm trying them in different rooms with different amplification to determine where they are going to stay. I Love this hobby!

livingroom060917.jpg

• Like 19

29 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

Very nice grain pattern on the veneer. Reminds me of sedimentary geologic formations such as seen the road from Co. Spg. To Woodland Park. Or highway 9 to South Park. 

It does have a 3D look to it. Reminds me of a topographical map.

3Dveneer.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

It does look topographical, the high spots look 1/2" high. I love how you cut the front band from the veneer, the grain pattern wraps around the front. Is it stained or is that the natural color, I like it either way, looks great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It does look topographical, the high spots look 1/2" high. I love how you cut the front band from the veneer, the grain pattern wraps around the front. Is it stained or is that the natural color, I like it either way, looks great.

That is the natural color of the wood. It has several coats of Liberon Finishing Oil that have built up to a gloss sheen.

• Like 3

Building boxes the easy part
what I in wow about is how well he lined up all the grain on the front, top and sides . that takes a lot of time and patience and planning
just simply gorgeous.
That's why so many cabinet makers and speaker makers stay away from complex veneers as complicated as the one he used. Is because it takes so much time to line everything up it almost looks like he Hydro dipped them lol. Hey now that's an idea. Lol for us lazy and unmotivated people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1