My DIY nod to PWK

Wardsweb

On 6/9/2017 at 8:51 AM, Wardsweb said:

Here is a picture of some speakers that I just completed. You could call them Cornwall III clones or Cornwall inspired, but they are DIY scratch built speakers. The cabinets are Baltic birch covered in South African waterfall bubinga. They filled with factory drivers and crossovers, so of course, they sound amazing. I'm trying them in different rooms with different amplification to determine where they are going to stay. I Love this hobby!

livingroom060917.jpg

I will tip my hat to a master craftsman!

• Like 2

I did see your page. Great work. So are you ready to do a set of heresy I speakers ? Hint hint. Lol. I love the look of the wood. It has a incredible 3d look to it How much is that per sheet and what's the size of the sheets and where did you buy it from ? I will be fully recovered from my lower back surgery in about two months and should be up to doing my taped horns that I will be making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I did see your page. Great work. So are you ready to do a set of heresy I speakers ? Hint hint. Lol. I love the look of the wood. It has a incredible 3d look to it How much is that per sheet and what's the size of the sheets and where did you buy it from ? I will be fully recovered from my lower back surgery in about two months and should be up to doing my taped horns that I will be making

I got it off Ebay. These were 16" x 96", so I could use one sheet to cover one speaker and the grain would be continuous across the entire speaker. I bought an extra sheet to cut the banding for the front edge of the speakers. It was only $50 a sheet, as it was left over from a large job they had done.

Good luck on the Heresy speakers. They should be fairly easy to do and not require a lot of veneer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:57 AM, Wardsweb said:

leftspeaker.jpg

Excellent work on your speaker veneer project. I like how you wrapped the corners for the continuous grain flow. I have admired all of your veneer projects over the years, and this woodgrain and color make these Cornwall IIIs my newest favorites.

11 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Excellent work on your speaker veneer project. I like how you wrapped the corners for the continuous grain flow. I have admired all of your veneer projects over the years, and this woodgrain and color make these Cornwall IIIs my newest favorites.

Thanks - I always try to find veneer long enough that I can use one continuous piece around the speaker. Sometimes I reverse the patter between speakers so I get a mirrored look.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...