At Ease Civilian? Never...

The History Kid

On 8/12/2017 at 0:46 AM, The History Kid said:

First week is in the bag.

I'm in love with this job already.  You know it's true when you can go to work in a good mood and leave in an awesome mood.

Ah if it would only stay that way.  I really enjoy what I do but if you do something long enough eventually you'll have days that really suck.  If you're fortunate though, there won't be many.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Ah if it would only stay that way.  I really enjoy what I do but if you do something long enough eventually you'll have days that really suck.  If you're fortunate though, there won't be many.

That's part of any job description.  It's just whether or not you enjoy the job enough for your passion to override the drive to leave - at least that's what I was always told.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

very happy for you.

I'll highlight the things I've been having to get used to:

• Competent co-workers.
  • No "SFA" (****-from-above, as we called it in retail)
  • A pay check with actual money.
  • Actual benefits.
  • Money left over after aforementioned benefits because of aforementioned actual money.
  • 3 of my co-workers are retired military, and I interact with currently active military on a daily basis.

Case in point today, I spent probably a good hour talking with one of the Staff Sergeants.  Some of his stories...wow.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Really happy for you.  I wonder if they have any of the archives RE: the proving grounds at Hope.

Thanks! :)

There are tons and tons of archives, and we just inherited a bunch more from one of the other commands.  What I've been trying to look into recently was the Savannah Proving Ground - since it's so close to home.  I kinda want to take a trip up there just to see what's left since it was abandoned. 

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, The History Kid said:

Tentative job offer.

Hopefully that means that if my nose was clean in my past (background check) that I'm in.  Oh, I really hope they don't find those bodies that Mark ( @ZEUS121996 ) had me hide...

@The History Kid

You DID put the 50 pound bag of lime on each one didn't you?:blink2::blink2::blink:

Mark

Just now, ZEUS121996 said:

@The History Kid

You DID put the 50 pound bag of lime on each one didn't you?:blink2::blink2::blink:

Mark

You leave all of the clean up to me, and then don't even have the courtesy to believe I did the job right.  I'm crushed. :'( 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

You leave all of the clean up to me, and then don't even have the courtesy to believe I did the job right.  I'm crushed. :'( 

I don't remember all the sizes, some might have needed 75 pounds, little ones 35-40.

YOU should have calculated the decomposition rate based on size and acted accordingly

Mark

Just now, ZEUS121996 said:

I don't remember all the sizes, some might have needed 75 pounds, little ones 35-40.

YOU should have calculated the decomposition rate based on size and acted accordingly

Mark

I'm a Historian, not a Biologist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 years later...