MUSEUM VOLUNTEER WORK WEEK/DAYS

• Moderators

Quite a few of you have asked what you can do to help and many of you have already stepped up in various capacities. Please know your help is genuinely appreciated.

We are trying to put together a work week for the Museum.  The dates for the work week will be August 9th-15th, 2017. We would like to make this a fun work event with music, food, friends and fun.  There are numerous and immediate tasks we need to address/complete, including but not limited to the following:

•  We need volunteers to assist in manning the Museum booth at the Watermelon Festival August 10th-12th
  •  We need volunteers to assist in basement cleaning/demolition 
  •  We need volunteers to assist in building shelves in the basement to accommodate PWK's professional library.
  •  We need volunteers to assist in inventory, including artifacts and archives

We have other areas that will also require volunteer helpers.  We need your help, whether it's for a day, a few days or the entire time!   If we can accomplish most of these tasks we will be well on our way in achieving most of our short term goals.  If you are interested in helping ANYTIME during this period, please comment below or PM me for further details.

Camping is available at Fair Park (where the Watermelon Festival is being held for a nominal fee.  Camping is also available at Rodney's. Accommodations are also available at Super8 for about $50 per night.

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.

• Like 1

• dtel's wife featured and pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

I would love  to help, but that is in the middle of my busiest period at work...basically from 1 August thru 20 October, with about a one-week respite of only 8-hour days around the middle of September.  Sorry!  On the up-side, this may be the last year I have doing this...seriously considering retiring before that time of next year!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, we were also prepared to pitch-in where needed, and that was not at the Klipsch booth. We joined the labor pool at the museum. It was a productive day. I need rest now. And I need another drink. And I need a good cigar. Some Alieve and a good movie on TV might also be nice. Did I mention that I'm 67? I probably didn't mention that early enough.

It really was a good work day, and it helped to be in good company. I won't mention any names, since they are so often associated with great fanfare on the Forum.

Please support the Klipsch museum; it supports us.

SSH

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

No skill set required...just a willingness to help.

@billybob That describes my participation. So many things to do you will find your niche. I was asked to be at the booth and represent this effort. My first concern was "How can I speak for Klipsch, I'm a volunteer" to which I was asked "how many Klipsch speakers do you own". As I started counting on my fingers and went to my second had they said - "who knows more about Klipsch, you are the Festival goers. Problem solved and confidence given.

Something not mentioned is getting to know the other museum supporters while working and over meals. I have a greater respect for those I met as I heard their stories and their love for Klipsch. I met some new friends at the Pilgrimage and with this work weekend got to know some of them on a more personal level. Makes me wish I was not living so far away from the museum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ole Dollar said:

@billybob That describes my participation. So many things to do you will find your niche. I was asked to be at the booth and represent this effort. My first concern was "How can I speak for Klipsch, I'm a volunteer" to which I was asked "how many Klipsch speakers do you own". As I started counting on my fingers and went to my second had they said - "who knows more about Klipsch, you are the Festival goers. Problem solved and confidence given.

Something not mentioned is getting to know the other museum supporters while working and over meals. I have a greater respect for those I met as I heard their stories and their love for Klipsch. I met some new friends at the Pilgrimage and with this work weekend got to know some of them on a more personal level. Makes me wish I was not living so far away from the museum.

Thanks for the information. That sounds about like I wanted to happen. Glad you were able to do it. Yes, wish I were closer too. Only had face to face with 3 members so far. Booth sounded like fun. By able I mean, nothing in the way of coming and well...Klipsch.

Thanks again...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quite a few of you have asked what you can do to help and many of you have already stepped up in various capacities. Please know your help is genuinely appreciated.

We are trying to put together a work week for the Museum.  The dates for the work week will be August 9th-15th, 2017. We would like to make this a fun work event with music, food, friends and fun.  There are numerous and immediate tasks we need to address/complete, including but not limited to the following:

•  We need volunteers to assist in manning the Museum booth at the Watermelon Festival August 10th-12th

•  We need volunteers to assist in basement cleaning/demolition 

•  We need volunteers to assist in building shelves in the basement to accommodate PWK's professional library.

•  We need volunteers to assist in inventory, including artifacts and archives

We have other areas that will also require volunteer helpers.  We need your help, whether it's for a day, a few days or the entire time!   If we can accomplish most of these tasks we will be well on our way in achieving most of our short term goals.  If you are interested in helping ANYTIME during this period, please comment below or PM me for further details.

Camping is available at Fair Park (where the Watermelon Festival is being held for a nominal fee.  Camping is also available at Rodney's. Accommodations are also available at Super8 for about $50 per night.

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.

Any workdays in the next coming months? I volunteered to work whenever needed, as I live in Texarkana. I gave the museum curator my number, but he has never called me. You can remind him that I was the person who purchased his cane grills for my La Scalas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Moderators
14 hours ago, jmcamp54 said:

Any workdays in the next coming months? I volunteered to work whenever needed, as I live in Texarkana. I gave the museum curator my number, but he has never called me. You can remind him that I was the person who purchased his cane grills for my La Scalas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My cell is 601-799-8350. @jmcamp54 please text me. We are actually up here this weekend working. Would love to add you to my list of folks we can call on when we need help. Will be at the Museum today working. 

• Like 1