Miniwatt N3 as monobloc?

Endo

I am considering my first venture into tubes. Limited budget (don't laugh). I've been reading to educate myself... but still need to post a question.

Despite the fact the Miniwatt N3 does not realize the potential of more substantial designs--my impression is it gets a passing grade by most who have tried it--and for its intended purpose, it does pretty good.

Of its limitations, the only one that gives me pause is its not having enough "oomph" to fully feed large, direct woofers.

My question: If I ran 2 Miniwatt N3's as monoblocs on Cornwalls, could I expect better low-end performance; or would the "oomph" available to the drivers remain the same?

Appreciate any thoughts from those more experienced.

[As an aside: While this may be completely unrelated, the reduced heat dissipation, due to the switched power supply, is actually a benefit in my circumstance. How does a switched power supply affect the audio signal; or does it? Have Googled this with no success]

I've owned one years back, current design. And i believe i had CW's at the time. If memory serves they an integrated or at least a power amp with volume pot? Can they used as monos? Even for cheap it sounded pretty damn good, surprisingly so. I'd go with one to start with as it will easily run the Corns. If not your cup-o-tea get another. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Can they be used as monos?

Yes, exactly.

Not knowing more than I do (a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, right?), I am imagining 'pseudo-monoblock' where they're simply wired/configured that way.

My question is whether or not the bass performance might improve with two dedicated units over single stereo one.