Wich center speakers sounds better? RP440C, RP450C or RP250C

Cidrack

Hi Guys... Please.

I have the RP150M and my receiver is a Yamaha RX-V583. My doubt is what center sounds better because in my city in Brazil I can't try...  And I Don't know if my receiver works fine with Bigger 440C or 450C.

I Don't need power, I just like to choose the best sound for my Home Theater.

Thank you.

Thanks for help me.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

All my guys who get something other than 450C's end up trying to upgrade to a 450C.  Just saying. :)  

2 questions for you, How much power would I need from my receiver to power the 440C  or 450C?  And for the placement should I place this out in the open meaning not place it in a cabinet shelve of my entertainment center or against a wall or back of my entertainment center 

The larger centers are actually even more efficient than the bookshelves (which are already very efficient) so you should not have any issue driving them.  Nice perk of Klipsch speakers.  The RP centers are rear ported so ideally should not be in an enclosed space. 

Since the center speaker is responsible for 80-90% of content in HT the most common advice is to get the most competent center you can afford or fit.  No expert either but I would tend to agree with that advice.  Your avr will adjust trim appropriately for the higher sensitivity of the center relative to the RP-150m. They actually have the same size drivers so from a timbre standpoint should actually match rather nicely. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

I would also recommend the 250 as a center.  The 440 and 450 are over kill. Some additional info may help.  How large is the room and how far do you sit from the speakers?

Was my thinking too, it might look a bit odd (they are so big compared to the bookshelves) and also the AVR will probably calibrate them down anyway...I think all these centers have higher sensitivity than the 250C does, so it just comes down to how much it gets trimmed down....1db, 2db, or 3db I think. 

Sensitivity is not much an issues since a smaller center will be in-line with the bookshelf center.  The biggest reason I can see where a larger center will be better is if the mains are more than 8 ft apart.  The 250 was made to go with the bookself speakers.

I don't think it's purely about output.  In my limited experience and a lot of time spent over at AVS forums the larger centers tend to have better sound quality.  Fuller with more depth and able to reproduce deeper male voices more naturally.  When I have read comparisons by users of larger and smaller centers in a given line, Klipsch RP included, many tend to prefer the sound quality of the larger ones.

• Like 2

I don't have a recommendation for a speaker I haven't heard, so I'm of no help there.

In general 90% of movies are dialog, and dialog comes out of the center 90% of the time.  I suggest you get the best sounding center speaker you can afford.