lionel trains

dirtmudd

does anybody have any interest..    Lionel pre/post war trains ???

My father is getting up in his age.. And would like to sell them...

I will post some pics...when I'm able to take them...and identify

what he has...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

does anybody have any interest..    Lionel pre/post war trains ???

My father is getting up in his age.. And would like to sell them...

I will post some pics...when I'm able to take them...and identify

what he has...

My 87 year old dad still has tons of his own kit-built Lionel trains in HO scale.  Very fascinating and very life-like.  They are packed away somewhere in his garage/shop/attic.  Big hobby of his until his forties.  It became too much for him to have two primary hobbies so he has focused his last 45+ years to his civil war and post civil war antique gun(Colt, Winchester, Remington, etc.) collection.  I am still amazed that this man will travel the country with his collection in his trunk to go to all his favorite shows.

Enough about my dad, good luck with the sale.:P

Bill

• Like 2

8 hours ago, willland said:

My 87 year old dad still has tons of his own kit-built Lionel trains in HO scale.  Very fascinating and very life-like.  They are packed away somewhere in his garage/shop/attic.  Big hobby of his until his forties.  It became too much for him to have two primary hobbies so he has focused his last 45+ years to his civil war and post civil war antique gun(Colt, Winchester, Remington, etc.) collection.  I am still amazed that this man will travel the country with his collection in his trunk to go to all his favorite shows.

Enough about my dad, good luck with the sale.:P

Bill

My brother has a few Lionel standard gauge cars, engine and track. They didn't start making HO scale until the mid '50s. I always hated the tbree rail tracks. Our paternal grandfather worked on the Illinois Central RR,  and both the pieces for my brother. Engine weighed a ton!

Bruce

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

My brother has a few Lionel standard gauge cars, engine and track. They didn't start making HO scale until the mid '50s.

If standard gauge is smaller than HO then my dad had them too.

6 hours ago, Marvel said:

I always hated three rail tracks.

Me too.  What's up with that?

Bill