Empty Klipsch Heresy cabinets - $75 (Frisco, TX)

opusk2k9

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 10:34 PM, moray james said:

those front baffles do not have check outs for the horn motors they are not Klipsch cabinets and if they are the motor boards are not original.

They look like my Heresy I HBR cabinets.  What are check outs? 

I suspect the motor boards have been replaced. The "check outs" are the small notches in the horn cutouts which let you slip the motor into the cutout hole. I would have thought that given the small panel sizes that any kitchen cabinet shop/handyman could knock up a set of Heresy cabinets for less than the purchase cost plus the shipping. You might even get some fancy veneer at no cost since these can be built with leftover material. moray james.

1 hour ago, moray james said:

The "check outs" are the small notches in the horn cutouts which let you slip the motor into the cutout hole.

I am curious about this. Does the motor board, pictured below, have the "check outs"?... Just curious.  This one looks like a similar vintage, with the velcro dots, pneumatic hole pattern and rear mounted horns...

heresy.jpg

I wonder what other tell-tale signs might speak to their being originals, or not? IF they are originals--the thought that PWK may have been walking through the factory as those were being assembled is pretty cool--I'd take that over a "better" condition knock-off any day. But, that's just me. To say I'm eccentric is probably an understatement.

I've never seen the inside of Heresy's before. Those strips of wood that frame the rear opening--does anyone know, is that typical? My CW's don't have anything like that. (I realize now, that I want those empty carcasses to be originals--I'm rooting for it; but, they may not be!)

23 minutes ago, Endo said:

I am curious about this. Does the motor board, pictured below, have the "check outs"?... Just curious.  This one looks like a similar vintage, with the velcro dots, pneumatic hole pattern and rear mounted horns...

heresy.jpg

No, that is a Heresy I.  Only the Heresy II had the "check outs".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

You'd need to see the back side of the cabinet and look at the wire connectors and evidence of a serial number.

the post as expired...but it did

have tags... if I remember correctly

there was a x ...

have been working with H2 and H3 for so long I totally forgot about the rear mount driver and horns of the Heresy. My apologizes. The fresh black baffle had me wondering though, it may have been repainted or replaced. Guess I found it odd that the motor board had been upgraded and not the cabinet veneer which is what you look at most. Check outs are on front load cabinets only. That said I still cannot imagine it not being less expensive to have a local wood shop knock up a set of cabinets with new fresh veneer than buying and shipping these.