H700 Woofer

JohnA

H700 inside.jpg

@djk

Is the woofer in this shamelessly stolen picture of an H700 an E-V SP-12 or SP-12B?  I have one from 1967 and it looks like I won't find another soon, so maybe I'll just make one of my own, if I can find the correct woofer. 

John, that could be one of my pictures, maybe not.  i have a set with them in there with the letter G in the serial number. they are at my MIL's house.

i believe these are the SP-12

i have a single SP-12B somewhere in my house and it looks like a jensen with an xtra cone on the woofer

69 heresy 1.jpg

" Is the woofer in this shamelessly stolen picture of an H700 and E-V SP-12 or SP-12B?  "

Don't really know.

I built a speaker for a church about 30 years ago using a pair of SP12B, they worked well.

The SP12 has an alnico magnet  in a welded pipe structure, the SP12B has a ceramic magnet, so the K22 is most likely the SP12B.

My '67 H700 has a woofer that looks just like the pic and has a whizzer cone and a red surround.  I found an old spec sheet on EV's site for older SP12s and SP12Bs with stamped steel baskets.  There are differences in the specs (voice coil, magnet, fs, ...). 

I had seen that ad before, but it would disappear.  I sent him an email and got pics back, today.  He has an early Model H, before the lettered serial numbers and with a K-1000 horn, but with the woofer I'm looking to get.  His could be from the late '50s even.  Looks like it's in nice condition, too.