WTB La Scala II in Walnut

wstrickland1

On 6/15/2017 at 7:45 PM, nitrofan said:

Kinda off topic but do the lascala 2"s sound much different than lascalas? I like the one piece cabinet better than the two also

My opinion, they sound close enough to call them identical except for...  the II's sound like they have another octave of bass.

They don't have any deeper bass...  but what they did was make the side walls thicker and that tames them from resonating like they do in the originals.  So you don't get that destructive interference.  If you bought an older set, stiffened them up, you would (essentially) have the same sound as the II's.

With different crossover and maybe different driver manufacturer...there might be some nuances but in my opinion, the real difference is simply a better bottom end.

Are you against having a nicer, tighter bottom end performing in your living or bedroom?

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

I'm guessing you bough brand spanking new ones. They will arrive on that pallet juuuuust fine. Congrats man. 

Yes sir I did and thank you. Very excited about getting them and very thankful to be in a position to support the fine folks in Hope.

• Like 5

They arrived safely strapped to 2 pallets, tops and bottoms shrink wrapped together. The factory cartons/packaging is very substantial. I will get some pics later (probably much later) and post some pics in a separate thread. This moved WAY faster that I could have imagined and I simply am not ready.

Huge shout out to Metropolis Lake Outfitters. He is awesome to deal with. My only complaint is that he's too efficient ;) If you order something from him you better be ready to get it!!!

• Like 5

On 6/15/2017 at 2:26 PM, wstrickland1 said:

what have I done

It more than annoys me that I ordered a simple cell phone for my son through Straight Talk with guaranteed over night delivery.  OVER NIGHT.  GUAR-AN-TEED.

You ordered your La Scalas AFTER I did a week ago and you have them already.  My son's cell phone is due to be delivered two days from now.  Grrr.  :angry2:

It speaks volumes of the great job @MetropolisLakeOutfitters did for you.  :emotion-21:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Soo much better than if you had to sweat it for a few more days !!! Congrats and enjoy your time together :wub::wub2:

Now Willy you say that as if you feel this relationship will not last ;)

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

It more than annoys me that I ordered a simple cell phone for my son through Straight Talk with guaranteed over night delivery.  OVER NIGHT.  GUAR-AN-TEED.

You ordered your La Scalas AFTER I did a week ago and you have them already.  My son's cell phone is due to be delivered two days from now.  Grrr.  :angry2:

It speaks volumes of the great job @MetropolisLakeOutfitters did for you.  :emotion-21:

Yes sir @MetropolisLakeOutfitters is absolutely the man to talk to if you ever find yourself needing (wanting) new Klipsch speakers. It's really unbelievable how responsive and professional he is. That is a rarity in today's world.

• Like 2