Forte III page up at Klipsch.com

JohnJ

On 06/20/2017 at 8:55 PM, geoff. said:

...a dual 15" woofer Chorus III, with ti mid and hf drivers, and real wood veneer!

I could settle for that!

I could go for that as well... That would be more of a KLF update though. Call it a KLF-50!

I'd considered a pair of F3's but I can't do the part about them coming off the wall 12" to 18" to sound right.  I have to stay fairly close with the CF-3's and they do just fine.  Roy D had told me he's heard Forte 2's within a few inches of the wall that did really well.  But, I can't take that chance on buying Forte 3's and them not do good from that distance for the price I can get them for.

2 hours ago, busterfree said:

Forte III Special Edition Matte Black manual says 2" - 10" from rear wall...

Yes it does, always gotta play around with the setup when you get new speakers though.

Well I'll be. That's doable. So now my contemplation will be, do I sell off all my parts for the Belle clones and buy Forte 3's and take the chance they work in my house  (and sound better than the CF-3's) or continue on with the Belles and save my money. I just love decisions. Lol. I know they are both two different animals. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, avguytx said:

Well I'll be. That's doable. So now my contemplation will be, do I sell off all my parts for the Belle clones and buy Forte 3's and take the chance they work in my house  (and sound better than the CF-3's) or continue on with the Belles and save my money. I just love decisions. Lol. I know they are both two different animals. 

That situation is prevalent around these parts right now.

Have my workhorse 90s era 100w / six channels worn out receiver I don't want to let go of paired with new little speakers that hide behind the plants in the den for the tv.

Got my Heresy IIs that would make the tv sound great but can't go on the walls behind the plants three feet high.

New FIIIs will go with the new amp setup, biwired to get 60w to each woofer and each HF hookup on them. 

I know when my deadline will be.

Yours is up in the air, good luck!

Someone from the Klipsch Company, Please chime in!   Has anyone heard a prototype of these?   $4000 Bucks is a lot of quan to pay for a pair of Fortes.  Granted they are  limited editions, but the speakers that are being played don't know that.   With careful shopping in today's used market $4000 bucks will get you a used pair of Klipschorns, a used pair of La Scalas, and a used pair of Fortes............I do not think that they can top that system sound.   THE FORTE III IS WAY TOO OVERPRICED FOR ME!!!----BUT THEY LOOK GREAT!!!---I HOPE THEY SOUND AS WELL AS THEY LOOK!

Edited by edzu1234
CLARIFICATION

@edzu1234  Don't know if an employee monitors here and responds except the historical look-up section. I'm a fan of this company's products, so I am biased just a little.

Yea they're not inexpensive, but they're not cheapo quality either. Look at the Cornwalls $4400/pair, spec edition $6000/pair. That's almost a 50% markup, Forte IIIs regular to special $3800 to $4600 that's not a very drastic markup.

If your comparing cost to something made in Asia by a huge conglomerate (in God-Knows what circumstances) it's not overpriced.

I looked into the bigger folded horn speakers and there are some beauties available right now. After seeing the size and knowing I'll have to consolidate my "loot" in a few years I opted for a smaller sized improvement. Have you owned some Klipsch Heritage speakers for decades like so many of us here have? I got my Heresy IIs in `91 for $700 plus 4% tax. I might think they're worth twice that much today, but they aren't. Search my screen name and you'll find a couple pics I took of my Klipsch. Talk to me, they could be yours for way less that F3s! Inflation does suck, so does 9.75% sales tax we have here now.

Crafted by hand in Hope, AR won't come cheap, but in a few years you might think they're worth more than what you paid for `em.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Factor in engineering costs, testing, prototypes (yes many of us have heard them), built in the USA, handcrafted in Hope, AR. I guess it begs the questions, "Have you attended a Pilgrimage in Hope, AR?  Have you met the factory workers and experienced the pride and time that goes into every speaker they produce?  Do you appreciate the quality?  Do you realize it costs more to produce products made in the USA? Have you considered the time engineers and others spend on products?  Have you considered the lifespan of the product?"  Many more questions you need to consider when factoring in opinions on cost. 

There are a few employees that post here, but do not "monitor". They simply don't have the time. Most employees of Klipsch wear "multiple hats" and perform duties that are not associated with their "title". 

Dig a little deeper and you may find the answers to your questions. 

Christy 

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

How do they sound compared to forte IIs?  The spec sheet doesn't tell me much except the freq response is different and the drivers are titanium.

I think dtel, and a few others posted reviews in the other thread.