Forte III page up at Klipsch.com

JohnJ

Most likely, I'll just continue on with my Belle build as I can't see that the F3's would sound $3500+ better than the CF-3's (I paid 450 for them plus caps, etc). They are definitely good looking speakers. But after spending 25+ years in the A/V industry, I don't pay retail for anything. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/28/2017 at 8:55 AM, edzu1234 said:

Someone from the Klipsch Company, Please chime in!   Has anyone heard a prototype of these?   $4000 Bucks is a lot of quan to pay for a pair of Fortes.  Granted they are  limited editions, but the speakers that are being played don't know that.   With careful shopping in today's used market $4000 bucks will get you a used pair of Klipschorns, a used pair of La Scalas, and a used pair of Fortes............I do not think that they can top that system sound.   THE FORTE III IS WAY TOO OVERPRICED FOR ME!!!----BUT THEY LOOK GREAT!!!---I HOPE THEY SOUND AS WELL AS THEY LOOK!

I have, they sound phenomenal and look even better.

Travis

• Moderators

When I first heard them a few months ago I was very surprised, and we have the first 2 versions. This was much better to me, I tried to not get terribly excited and make a big deal of what I heard. Partly because I couldn't directly compare and it was at Roy's house and his room is alot different than mine, fully carpeted room and just different. I didn't want to mislead anyone at all even though I thought they were way better. 

BUT since the Pilgrimage is over, now many people got to hear them in the listening room at the plant so there are many other opinions out there. I think everyone who went got to hear them and compared with other models.

dtel;
Thank you for your input. I have not heard the New Forte III. Am a proud original owner of Forte II's, with upgrades by Bob Crities. Was and continue to be pleased with my Forte's.

Could you share your impression of a comparison between the Forte II & the Forte III? Do they sound similar, as siblings or distant relative's.

Realize it is difficult to compare, even more so to point out the differences. Especially when their is such love for the Forte's, how does would rationalize whether they should pay for the update.

Obviously, many I believe are wondering if the $ towards newer tech is enough to justified the "$" commitment.

All the best, Jeff

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BlueHusky79 said:

dtel;
Thank you for your input. I have not heard the New Forte III. Am a proud original owner of Forte II's, with upgrades by Bob Crities. Was and continue to be pleased with my Forte's.

I have a hard time describing what I hear, we use them for Ht, we have 3 forte ll across the front and one for rear center. Two original forte's for L&R rear, all completely stock.

Could you share your impression of a comparison between the Forte II & the Forte III? Do they sound similar, as siblings or distant relative's.

To me every Klipsch I have ever heard has a somewhat similar sound, but also different in many ways, guess it could be the horns giving them similar tone ? The forte lll would be a distant relative of either of the two other models to me. I would change out mine if I could for the 3, no question it's better, but if someone was thinking about doing that I would say you must listen first. It would depend on their impression and wallet, and that varies greatly.

Roy voiced these speakers and also voiced the 396, and you can hear it, we talked about that and he said he could hear a similarity,  he smiled when he said that. I know why, the 396 is amazing, of all the speakers klipsch makes the two I would want would (that we don't have) be the forte lll and/or the 396, both of the sound way better than they should. IMO..........now you have to remember we have some of our favorites already.  

Realize it is difficult to compare, even more so to point out the differences. Especially when their is such love for the Forte's, how does would rationalize whether they should pay for the update.
Obviously, many I believe are wondering if the $ towards newer tech is enough to justified the "$" commitment.
I bet down the road, the general opinion will be the f1 and f2 were good but the lll is a step above both easily, just guessing.

Everybody's money is different, but if they would be used as a main 2 ch setup I would say go listen to some somewhere and decide if you hear what it would take to change. It's not fair for me to say just do it, different people might not hear enough improvement ? It's personal, for some the money is a drop in the bucket, for others like me it's a big deal.

I am sorry for being so vague,  but reading here on the forum, the one thing I have learned is everyone hears different things, were all kind of similar, we know when we hear good quality sound, but we like things for different reasons.  

Overall I think they are a big improvement, I really do, but I am not going to go screaming it everywhere until I can hear a direct comparison, I try not to have strong opinions just from memory, when it may influence someone spending alot of money.  

All the best, Jeff

• Like 2

For those who've had the privilege of hearing the Forte III, what would be the benefits/differences upgrading from RF-82 IIs?

Running a PrimaLuna Dialogue HP Integrated, with a mix of digital and (mainly) vinyl.

I was at the point of wanting to replace the RFs until I added the tube amp, and then the Forte was announced!

Music tastes is mainly acoustic, jazz, prog rock, and a bit of electronic.  I love the bass presence with the RFs (sold my sub as I never used it), so biggest concern is losing bass.

Being in New Zealand there will be no way to audition so buying will be a leap of faith.

@dtel  Vague?   Nice... and it IS the latest June can get today!

I think this is you strongest opinion for the Forte III yet. You've again made the comparison to the venerable KI-396, and shared that @Chief bonehead smiled when you talked about it. Also differentiated that your opinion is yours alone and others might not feel as strongly (or the same) about it. Of course the financial aspect comes into play even before there's a comma involved with me. You're an astute diplomatic rasta-ganja-monkey aren't you!

Dtel thank you for replying to me. I appreciate your comments as well as your insights regarding the Forte III's.

As I read your response, I realize that my question wasn't as reasonable, as I had intended. You did help me understand how the new Forte III will impact those of us who enjoy Klipsch speakers.

Bottom line your comments helped me focus onto my real issue. That for 26+ years nothing has motivated me to replace my Forte II's. It is a safe bet that the Forte III will entice me to purchase. Especially when you consider the foundation that these speakers were built on. They include the genius of Paul W. Klipsch, plus his years of experience. In addition, the "hands on" knowledge and experience of Roy Delgado, who played a major role in developing each version.

Built in Hope, AK, by hand, home of Klipsch Sound.

This alone guarantees that the Forte III will be a home run.

However, money always Unfortunately cash flow must be considered, at times it sucks to be an adult. Realized along time ago, that life is far more enjoyable when we live within our means.

As the old saying goes regarding buying a boat, "it is better to have a friend that owns a boat, than owning one myself" is still very true.

Again, thank you for attempting to tackle the impossible. You did help me regain my prospective.

God Bless America & Happy Fourth of July.

All the best, Jeff

• Like 1

I called Klipsch hq in Indy a little while ago. My homepage still showed "Shipping late June" 

Anybody ever spoke to Shirley before? She's a special lady, 1 minute with her and I know we'd be good friends if we lived in the same neighborhood. A customer rep told me the special editions did start shipping this Wednesday.

Won't be long now folks!

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

You're an astute diplomatic rasta-ganja-monkey aren't you!

It was late, it's not normally me. My wife would disagree. :lol:

I thought they sounded great, if I had to get rid of my current 2 ch setup it would be replaced with either the Forte lll's or the 396's. 

For me doing things like that as far as money goes is tough, it's why I don't go out my way to sell people on something that impressed me, then it might not impress them as much. If the cost is not a big deal buy them, if you don't like the I will buy them cheap. :o:D

• Like 2

@dtel that's great, and I appreciate what the both of y'all contribute to this forum. Put my Heresy IIs up for sale and not one bite yet, so heck without a good offer I'll put them on the tv and just have more loot I can't take with me.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

However, money always Unfortunately cash flow must be considered, at times it sucks to be an adult. Realized along time ago, that life is far more enjoyable when we live within our means.

I completely agree, I try to not be the adult as much as possible, I have to be force into it. Again ask my wife.

2 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

As I read your response, I realize that my question wasn't as reasonable, as I had intended. You did help me understand how the new Forte III will impact those of us who enjoy Klipsch speakers.

Bottom line your comments helped me focus onto my real issue. That for 26+ years nothing has motivated me to replace my Forte II's. It is a safe bet that the Forte III will entice me to purchase. Especially when you consider the foundation that these speakers were built on. They include the genius of Paul W. Klipsch, plus his years of experience. In addition, the "hands on" knowledge and experience of Roy Delgado, who played a major role in developing each version.

It was a reasonable question, just very hard to explain, as good as they sounded to me I wish there was a way I could just say get the lll, without the possibility of you not being as impressed as I was. Apparently I suck as a salesman, never did like it even when I did it. 

When these were first being designed by Roy I saw them before the decision was made as to what midrange was going in them, I saw 2 possible candidates, When I saw them later after Roy made his decision the horn he picked was the opposite I thought he would use. Me not knowing about this stuff just guessing, Roy explained why and with Roy it's all about the sound and what he is trying to get out of every design. And everyone knows PWK was a no :pwk_bs: kind of person. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@dtel that's great, and I appreciate what the both of y'all contribute to this forum. Put my Heresy IIs up for sale and not one bite yet, so heck without a good offer I'll put them on the tv and just have more loot I can't take with me.

Thank You,............................ I try not to be a smart @ss, the whole family says I should try harder. 

You know what's strange, many years ago I would read and post here, sometimes when something was funny I would read thing to my wife. after doing this for a while she got to know some of the "characters" here and read a little. One day I noticed she signed up, I had no idea she would do that, a few years later she picked the biggest speakers we have, you never know ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

the MWM's? didn't I see those in that pic of your den a couple of months ago?

Mr. Monkey your sig fits your attitude to a "T"  I'd bet that YOU likes some Little Feat also!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I fixed it for you :lol:

May have seen a pic, I put it sometimes when talking about things like that, it's easier to explain size and design if you can see it.

I do like Little feat, and almost everything else, except rap and opera, and I could listen to SOME rap if they didn't rap, just the music. I do really like reggae, have for 40 years, we went to a Peter Tosh concert in a very small club about a year after we were married, 37 years ago.   

Attitude, well mostly retired, we like to have a good time, my goal now really, I am very lucky to have good friends.

• Like 1

I became an adult way earlier than anyone should, I have protected my own daughters from emulating that portion of my life. My elders used to comment that I was 50 at my 25 birthday. I was overly responsible for everyone.

The positive last month I turned 60, and I am really 30. Attitude wise have become more relax, laugh more and have as much fun as my body will allow me.

My Klipsch has provide me with lots of fun & equally important escapism from what I need to forget at the moment.

When we bought our first Klipsch, it was the 1983 Heresy. While exploring I heard the La Scala's, which was my goal for many years. Stumbled upon the Forte II's and was very satisfied.

Upgraded to larger Amplifier, which led me to Bob Crities. Who guide me to upgrade crossovers. Plus change Tweeters & Mids to Titanium. Same moment I went from two channel to five channel.

Added Heresy's III with the Forte II's, was amazed that the sound stepped up big time.

Bottom line you helped me focus which in turn, gently helped realize that I knew the answer before I asked.

Enjoy your Fourth.

• Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, BlueHusky79 said:

The positive last month I turned 60, and I am really 30. Attitude wise have become more relax, laugh more and have as much fun as my body will allow me

Your 4 months older than me, and I feel the same as what you said.