DONE

Don Falcon

I think they went to the K-55-X about 2002, when they came out with the AK4 Klipshorn upgrade.  They went to the AK5 shortly after, the one change being a change in EQ for the bass bin, beacuse of a slightly different wall seal arrangement.

Agreed.

With 12 posts, all related to your initial post - you don't have to worry about "etiquette".

The AK-3 crossovers are in need of a rebuild, but they are still worth $100.00

The K-55-X is the same driver as the Atlas PD5-VH, which you can buy new for less than $300.00 a pair -- Klipsch just slaps their label on them.

The AK-4 crossovers are harder to pin down. I don't think I would take less than $600.00 for the pair if they were mine.

You can buy a pair of B&C de120 tweeters from partsexpress.com for $140.00 -- so you might want to let those go for $100 a pair.

The old horns are tough. Not worth much to many around here (I still can't get rid of mine), but I've been told they do well on the Asian market.

Dean

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with offering for sale here AND ebay.  Usually, sellers would ask for less from forum members.  Sometimes really nice equipment at bargain prices still doesn't sell here.  Many of us try to offer here first though and give forum members first crack at it.

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

Don, you don't owe an apology to anyone.  List a price here or try an auction on eBay. Good luck with your sale

Agree with @PrestonTom.  It's your stuff to sell, and this is America.  Put the stuff here, on CL, Ebay, anyplace you think you can get your pieces sold.  We appreciate you listing things here because this is a focused buyer's market and sometimes, not always, people are looking for specific components you might have.

You are acting as a fiduciary for your friend and you should get as much for her as you can.

GLWYS (good luck with your sale)

Other than the hacked up tweeters, you are selling some of the best OEM parts.  I'm using the B&C DE-120 on that Fastrac horn and it is an actual upgrade.  What were the "upgrades" that were done to the Khorns??!!  Do the metal K-400 horns have a casting ridge on the inside about 10" from the front flange (mouth)? 

30 minutes ago, Don Falcon said:

It is bolted to the grill work!

Sorry, I was confused (surprise!).  I thought the stock horns were removed by themselves.  It looked like there was one in a picture not attached to anything at the back of the picture.  Another shot looked like 2 by themselves.

On 6/16/2017 at 7:19 AM, Deang said:

15 hours ago, Don Falcon said:

Don,

You might want to post this in your first post if it is accurate.  If it is not accurate, I am happy to delete it. 

Typically one will post prices and pictures at the beginning of a thread and it usually goes well (usually). 

Good luck with your sale.  These parts should go.  Summers tend to be slow selling time. 

Prices for klipschorn Parts:

Khorn AK-4 crossovers both for $590.

Khorn Squawker with front grill both for $290.00

K horn Drivers K-55-x (Atlas PD5-VH) both for $180.00

B&C de120 tweeters both for $125.00

or all of it for $1000.00 

Prices for Lascalla Parts:

Tweeters. (K-77?) Both for $40.00 they work and its easy to mount with wood screw and washer holding down the out side lip. 

AK-3 Crossovers both for $180.00

K-400 Squawker horn assey. both for $80

or everything  at one time for $250.00

Offers considered Shipping not included with prices

Thanks to all for the help.