Windows 10 Creators Update - Good or Bad?

wvu80

Win 10 Creators Update  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Creators Version

• Good
    • Neutral
    • Bad
    • Microsoft's attempt to sell us more stuff
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you plan to upgrade to the Creators version?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • I have already upgraded
    • Other

Dave,

Here's a link with the different releases:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-info.aspx

W10 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch) is available under a MS licensing agreement, or perhaps subscription. Similar to a long term Linux release, and comes with NOTHING on the start menu and more geared for business. Not sure how us small time individuals can get i yet, but I want it for my DAW as it should be leaner and not need updates as often.

This explains more of it:

https://www.howtogeek.com/273824/windows-10-without-the-cruft-windows-10-ltsb-explained/

Wish we could do a group buy... :ph34r:

Bruce

btw, this what businesses and corporations should tell Redmond is needed. There are studios running W10 with little problem doing huge scale multitrack work. It's definitely possible for it to be a stable/usable OS.

Took a look at the "howtogeek" link.  They offer a "workaround" that, at least when that article was published, appears to provide a path to LTSB except for nag screens.  It would be worth if for a DAW if they only appear a boot up...and if MS hasn't plugged this hole.

Dav

2 hours ago, Mallette said:

Took a look at the "howtogeek" link.  They offer a "workaround" that, at least when that article was published, appears to provide a path to LTSB except for nag screens.  It would be worth if for a DAW if they only appear a boot up...and if MS hasn't plugged this hole.

Dave

I've downloaded a copy to try... I'll let you know how it works out.

B.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Thanks!  What are the eyes made out of?

The eyes are black ABS plastic with light brown translucent cone tines in the middle. Crushed sandstone garnishes on scrub oak steer mounted on laced  oak Texas board with crushed sandstone star with a touch of red glitter. Filler is Zimmer sealer, polyurethane paint, mostly sanded off and two coats of wax. Made this for my second cousin in Texas.

JJK