Drones, I hate them....

ACV92

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

Even I have trouble swinging an 11lb. air rifle after a non-stationary object.

There's the problem, don't swing it just point and shoot. :P

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

Is ones backyards subject to invasion of privacy?  Not trying to justify flying drones in my neighbors back yard, just looking at it from a legal perspective. I once had someone stop in the road, get out of their vehicle and take pictures of my backyard.  We called the cops and according to the local laws, this was not invasion of privacy.  As for drones, I believe the land owner has rights up to about 80 feet or so.  Anything under that, you may be able to get them for trespassing.  For the record my son and I own drones and guns, even thought about attaching a gun to a drone (now that's scary if it could work).  Even thought about the competition, Whos the better flyer/whos the better shooter?

If you have a 8' wood fence your good to go. However, if said person has to climb on top of his vehicle and take a pic then it's invasion of privacy. 

Take LEO. He walking down the street (based on a "tip") and there is a major marijuana cultivation on the other side of the fence he doesn't see. He can't climb that fence look over and say AH HA! and go arrest the homeowners. 

OTOH if the LEO notices 12' plants by the forest full growing over the 8' fence the home owner is NOT entitled to "reasonable" privacy protection clause. 

2 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

If you have a 8' wood fence your good to go. However, if said person has to climb on top of his vehicle and take a pic then it's invasion of privacy. 

What if they are over 8' and are able to look in without climbing?  in my case, my 6' fence was on the down side of the hill and they were easily able look into my back yard (no I wasn't growing marijuana).

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

What if they are over 8' and are able to look in without climbing?  in my case, my 6' fence was on the down side of the hill and they were easily able look into my back yard (no I wasn't growing marijuana).

Then that's fine. No expectations of privacy can be expected due to the NATURAL lay of the land. But for one to force themselves in order to look into a back yard then, that's a no-no. Looking down over a subdivision from a hill? That's ok. 

42 minutes ago, Rxonmymind said:

Nope. No. Not clicking on it. Lol. That's just...not happening. 

Somewhere this thread has turned a corner.  I really hope that the drone that was taking shots is not capable of a probe. 

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

No...just no.:D I heard they implant "things" in you with π~•` funky symbols. 

Sounds about right, implanted or the other way, I would rather not, if I had a choice. :mellow: 

23 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Somewhere this thread has turned a corner.  I really hope that the drone that was taking shots is not capable of a probe. 

They always tend to turn a corner, sometimes good sometimes not.

I hope it's only taking pic's also, it's all fun and games until the probing starts ! :o:(

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:47 AM, Davis said:

Purchase the most economical drone you can find and turn it into a kamikaze drone

The cheapest seem only good for 260 feet. But you figure for 30 bucks, a guy and his buddies could buy several and play Midway with the offending drone.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-Nano-Quadcopter-Drone-with-2.4GHz-Control-and-6-Axis-Gyroscope/50973014?sourceid=csesh01321cd3b5438a4ff5a86c36a2c3a913d3&wmlspartner=shoppingcom&affcmpid=1476790452&tmode=0000&bcfg=a8991f6015cdc05603b3b9780ad9dbae&veh=cse#about-item

5 minutes ago, Schu said:

FYI... drones are covered by the FAA so if you destroy a drone that is flying, you could face possible federal criminal charges.

Has the operator filed a flight plan with the FAA before flying though?  I thought that this was part of the package.

do you really think drone are covered by the same parameters as fixed wing general and commercial aviation?

I dont know if they are or are not, but i just saw a story on network news that dealt with this very subject of privacy and drone usage and they said that very thing... drones are covered under the FAA and anyone taking one down "MAY" face federal charges... not local charges.

9 minutes ago, Schu said:

FYI... drones are covered by the FAA so if you destroy a drone that is flying, you could face possible federal criminal charges.

Good lord, it seems whatever one will do will result in criminal charges. May as well follow the drone to the operator, break his hands, and take the lumps for assault charges.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Schu said:

do you really think drone are covered by the same parameters as fixed wing general and commercial aviation?

I dont know if they are or are not, but i just saw a story on network news that dealt with this very subject of privacy and drone usage and they said that very thing... drones are covered under the FAA and anyone taking one down "MAY" face federal charges... not local charges.

From what I understand, yes, they are to file a flight plan just as a private/commercial jet, or plane, would.  I don't know if this ever stuck, but I do remember it as a discussed regulation.