Subwoofer Squeaking

Carlosrs

I have dual Klipsch RSW-10d on a HT and Music setup.  Absolutely no problem with music, but when pushed with strong, deep effects in movies, one of the subwoofer makes a strange squeaking noise.  What could this be?

Remove the driver and inspect it out of the cabinet. Hook it up if needed for testing out of the cabinet. If it seems OK push carefully on the passive and see if you can duplicate the sound.

If the noise is not present look around for loose objects inside with the power cable unplugged.

Lastly you can put the cabinet on its side on top of a pillow and wrap on the bottom with a rubber mallet.

One of these steps will reveal the squeak.

Thank you all for all the great suggestions, I will be following up on all these steps.  I never even thought of maybe the squeak no being the sub but furniture beside it! Have been trying to hear over the system sound due to lack of time and makes it difficult to identify where its coming from, running only the sub will help alot.