Going Off The Floor

Hey hornfan08, I have my slant Heresies and KG-4's on end tables. I enjoy having the tweeter closer to ear level and it works really well. Under each of the end tables I have a powered sub so the balance is amazing. Not sure how big of floor standers you are thinking but anything Forte or smaller I could picture the table gig working out.

Tim   

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!  Do you have speakers @hornfan08 or are you looking for something?

If you have young children I do not recommend speaker stands because they are unstable and potentially dangerous if knocked over.

I have both floorstanders and large bookshelf speakers on stands and I like both.

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!  Do you have speakers @hornfan08 or are you looking for something?

If you have young children I do not recommend speaker stands because they are unstable and potentially dangerous if knocked over.

I have both floorstanders and large bookshelf speakers on stands and I like both.

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

I think he was speaking in regards to "KLIPSCH" speakers Dave....geesh....;)

@hornfan08,

Welcome to the forum.

5 hours ago, hornfan08 said:

I was thinking, if there may be an option where the performance of a floor-stander is desired, but also, want to keep almost everything at least a couple feet off the floor. Any comments or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Assuming you mean using speaker stands, I highly recommend RB-75's(if you can find a pair) or any variation of Heresys.

Bill

7 hours ago, teaman said:

I think he was speaking in regards to "KLIPSCH" speakers Dave....geesh....;)

I think I have one of everything.  :wacko:

You know what I've done with my real floorstanders, my beloved Klipsch CF-4's.  B)

CF-4 Computer setup right 1.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hornfan08 said:

I was thinking, if there may be an option where the performance of a floor-stander is desired, but also, want to keep almost everything at least a couple feet off the floor. Any comments or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I think that there is something to be said for coupling the LF to the floor.  ??

Welcome 

Just now, wvu80 said:

That Sherbourn SR-120 made those CF-4's (with sub) crank like nothing I've ever heard.  Incredible live sound accuracy and dynamics.

Hoping I can still track you down another my friend!

Tim

• Like 1

Speaking of going off the floor, here are some pics of my Forte IIs modified to bring the mid  / tweeter drivers to ear height. They also have Crites diaphragms and crossovers, along with one NOS K-25 I picked up off of eBay. It was still in factory wrapping!

The trim piece around the bottom is a homage "stripe" to the black concave line on the original risers. These are one piece cabinets, the extended section being fastened to the original cabinets permanently, and then veneered with walnut and finished with a clear stain.I have new speaker cloth in ivory that will be installed in the next couple of weeks.

Greg

Forte II Small 1.JPG

Forte II Small 2.JPG

Forte II Small 3.JPG

• Like 2