Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
hornfan08

Going Off The Floor

Recommended Posts

I was thinking, if there may be an option where the performance of a floor-stander is desired, but also, want to keep almost everything at least a couple feet off the floor. Any comments or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey hornfan08, I have my slant Heresies and KG-4's on end tables. I enjoy having the tweeter closer to ear level and it works really well. Under each of the end tables I have a powered sub so the balance is amazing. Not sure how big of floor standers you are thinking but anything Forte or smaller I could picture the table gig working out.

 

 

Tim   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!  Do you have speakers @hornfan08 or are you looking for something?

 

If you have young children I do not recommend speaker stands because they are unstable and potentially dangerous if knocked over.

 

I have both floorstanders and large bookshelf speakers on stands and I like both.

 

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Welcome to the Klipsch forums!  Do you have speakers @hornfan08 or are you looking for something?

 

If you have young children I do not recommend speaker stands because they are unstable and potentially dangerous if knocked over.

 

I have both floorstanders and large bookshelf speakers on stands and I like both.

 

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

I think he was speaking in regards to "KLIPSCH" speakers Dave....geesh....;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hornfan08,

 

Welcome to the forum.

 

5 hours ago, hornfan08 said:

I was thinking, if there may be an option where the performance of a floor-stander is desired, but also, want to keep almost everything at least a couple feet off the floor. Any comments or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Assuming you mean using speaker stands, I highly recommend RB-75's(if you can find a pair) or any variation of Heresys.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, teaman said:

I think he was speaking in regards to "KLIPSCH" speakers Dave....geesh....;)

 

I think I have one of everything.  :wacko:

 

You know what I've done with my real floorstanders, my beloved Klipsch CF-4's.  B)

 

CF-4 Computer setup right 1.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hornfan08 said:

I was thinking, if there may be an option where the performance of a floor-stander is desired, but also, want to keep almost everything at least a couple feet off the floor. Any comments or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I think that there is something to be said for coupling the LF to the floor.  ??

Welcome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

 

I think I have one of everything.  :wacko:

 

You know what I've done with my real floorstanders, my beloved Klipsch CF-4's.  B)

 

CF-4 Computer setup right 1.jpg

 

Looks great to me Dave!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, teaman said:

Looks great to me Dave!

That Sherbourn SR-120 made those CF-4's (with sub) crank like nothing I've ever heard.  Incredible live sound accuracy and dynamics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wvu80 said:

That Sherbourn SR-120 made those CF-4's (with sub) crank like nothing I've ever heard.  Incredible live sound accuracy and dynamics.

Hoping I can still track you down another my friend!

 

 

Tim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of going off the floor, here are some pics of my Forte IIs modified to bring the mid  / tweeter drivers to ear height. They also have Crites diaphragms and crossovers, along with one NOS K-25 I picked up off of eBay. It was still in factory wrapping!

 

The trim piece around the bottom is a homage "stripe" to the black concave line on the original risers. These are one piece cabinets, the extended section being fastened to the original cabinets permanently, and then veneered with walnut and finished with a clear stain.I have new speaker cloth in ivory that will be installed in the next couple of weeks.

 

Greg

 

 

Forte II Small 1.JPG

Forte II Small 2.JPG

Forte II Small 3.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...