Stupid Americans-Chocolate Milk

derrickdj1

A survey carried out by the Innovation Centre of US Dairy has discovered that around seven per cent Americans don't know where chocolate milk comes from. PHOTO: Reuters

A survey of Americans found that 7% or 16.4 Million Americans believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows.  Just as many said they don't know how chocolate milk is made.  All of us over a certain age remember putting in the Nestle mix and making our own chocolate milk.  Next will be a survey on brown eggs.   https://tribune.com.pk/story/1437232/16-4-million-americans-believe-chocolate-milk-comes-brown-cows-survey/

I think I have some some of these people that appear bright, until their mouth starts running, lol.

Image result for stupid face gif

Considering how many humans are easily duped into adopting well documented addictive habits such as tobacco usage, hard drugs, etc..... I'd agree that too many of us are still thinking using woefully shallow critical skills.  HIV/AIDS is again on a steep increase despite all we now understand about the ailment.  Can't fix stupid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

OK Derrick, and that article comes from a newspaper in Pakistan.  So, I'm sure everything they say is absolutely true.

And these comments from some of the Forums sharpest minds. 

And you 'Bo with that statement - Slam Dunk case of Fake News. Fake News I tell ya' ---!

1 minute ago, richieb said:

And these comments from some of the Forums sharpest minds. 

And you 'Bo with that statement - Slam Dunk case of Fake News. Fake News I tell ya' ---!

Ummmm, wha?  You do realize I was being quite sarcastic.........

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Ummmm, wha?  You do realize I was being quite sarcastic.........

I was hoping of my inclusion with some of the above mentioned sharpest minds. I guess I grossly overestimated my intellectual insight  - Thanks Jimbo-

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Chocolate milk doesn't come from brown cows?  How does it get that color then?

I can believe chocolate milk comes from brown cows, but how do cows get that brown color? 

I just assume, like everybody else, it's from white cows eating dirt.

7 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

OK Derrick, and that article comes from a newspaper in Pakistan.  So, I'm sure everything they say is absolutely true.

From the washington post..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/15/seven-percent-of-americans-think-chocolate-milk-comes-from-brown-cows-and-thats-not-even-the-scary-part/?utm_term=.d0c1e3a57514

I can confirm much of what is stated in this article about people not understanding the source of their food. We find ourselves confronted with weirder and weirder looks as we grow our farm and share the progress with people. It has been somewhat discouraging -- many of the people are long time friends and just don't get it. We find ourselves with less time to hang out with groups of people, and feel less compelled to do so after their reactions to how we're raising our family and tightening control on our food sources (and the effort that goes along with it).

• Like 2

" according to a nationally representative online survey commissioned by the Innovation Center of U.S. Dairy. "

B.S.

In 1958 Ansel Keys fraudulently constructed the 7 Countries Study, creating the saturated-fat hysteria that resulted in millions of people getting coronary artery disease.

People make up stuff all the time, people make honest misteaks (sic) all the time (which does not describe Keys), and people give B.S. response to polls all the time.

Heck, you think that's strange, I heard that there are people that not only have refrigerator size stereo speakers in small rooms in their house, but they have them in multiple rooms in their home. And then they stay online all day long talking about speakers and oogling the pictures of other peoples speakers. And hoard/collect even more speakers that they ever use. Strange. Bigly.

• Like 1