Stupid Americans-Chocolate Milk

derrickdj1

Those idiots from Chic a Pedofila, or whatever they call it, have an inflatable rubber cow outside my local branch, sayin "eat more chicken" har, har.  Not makin this up.The rubber cow is a dairy cow.

So I guess Chica a Philmore is opposed to the slaughter of diary cows for meat.

2 hours ago, thebes said:

Those idiots from Chic a Pedofila, or whatever .............

It looks like you are referring to Chik-fil-a. 

thebes, that is vulgar, common and illicit.  There is nothing amusing about that perversion. 

Anyone heard this urban legend?

Chocolate milk, the pre-packaged stuff you buy from the dairies, is made from the milk that cannot be filtered white enough to be sold as "milk" so chocolate flavouring (colour) is added. More specifically, blood from the milking process not done properly.

I heard this decades ago working in a grocery store. I also heard Bitcoins were the wave of the future... LOL!

I haven't bought chocolate milk since then, or Bitcoins... sigh.

But I drink whole milk like water to this day.

On 6/16/2017 at 9:48 PM, John Albright said:

It looks like you are referring to Chik-fil-a. 

thebes, that is vulgar, common and illicit.  There is nothing amusing about that perversion. 

Sorry John not trying to offend. Was just doing a word mash-up.  Let me re-phrase.

Those idiots from Chic a Filo, Chick a ditty-bang-bang, Chic-a-Mongo, Chic a Daddy-Dee, Chic-a and the man, Chica  whatever they call it, have an inflatable rubber cow outside my local branch, sayin "eat more chicken" har, har.  Not makin this up.The rubber cow is a dairy cow.

So I guess Chica a Philmore is opposed to the slaughter of diary cows for meat.  Now they are either incredibly stooooopiiiiiiiiiiid, or deliberately counting on the ignorance of the Chic-a-cita buying public not to be able to tell the difference.

Now here's a beef cow:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/65/bb/f5/65bbf51eff84fdf5b40fdcb3d50298d1.jpg

And here's a dairy cow:

https://www.mindmeister.com/images/download/3023944

and here's a diary cow that makes chocolate milk:

https://i2.wp.com/www.dairymoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Ayrshire.jpg

44 minutes ago, thebes said:

Sorry John not trying to offend. Was just doing a word mash-up.  Let me re-phrase.

I was taken aback by the choice of that word as well.  I appreciate and fully accept the clarification.

We've all written things we thought were cute or clever at the time but the intent didn't come through as intended.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:36 AM, geoff. said:

Anyone heard this urban legend?

Chocolate milk, the pre-packaged stuff you buy from the dairies, is made from the milk that cannot be filtered white enough to be sold as "milk" so chocolate flavouring (colour) is added. More specifically, blood from the milking process not done properly.

I heard this decades ago working in a grocery store. I also heard Bitcoins were the wave of the future... LOL!

I haven't bought chocolate milk since then, or Bitcoins... sigh.

But I drink whole milk like water to this day.

I've had people notify me with great concern and alarm that they've had some of my eggs with blood in them.  I try to feign concern, but ultimately I have to just educate them that it's a regular possibility with fertilized eggs and doesn't change their taste or ability to be eaten.

I'm finding a portion of shifting to homesteading type life and food is overcoming the psychological aspect of decades eating pretty food that very likely is significantly less nutritious and tasty.

On 06/16/2017 at 8:27 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

And they vote

The cows?

Michael, I think it's great that you are producing more of your own food. Your 'friends' should travel to some other countries and eat some of their food.

It takes a lot of work and commitment to do what you are doing. Eating health food is not necessarily the same as eating healthy food.

Bruce

52 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The cows?

Yes, and they vote to eat more cat.

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I've had people notify me with great concern and alarm that they've had some of my eggs with blood in them.  I try to feign concern, but ultimately I have to just educate them that it's a regular possibility with fertilized eggs and doesn't change their taste or ability to be eaten......depending upon incubation - at some point ya have to start spitting out the bones. 

Fixt it for ya :P

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 7:33 PM, thebes said:

Those idiots from Chic a Pedofila, or whatever they call it, have an inflatable rubber cow outside my local branch, sayin "eat more chicken" har, har.  Not makin this up.The rubber cow is a dairy cow.

So I guess Chica a Philmore is opposed to the slaughter of diary cows for meat.

What do you think happens to dairy cows that can longer produce milk? They become low quality hamburger, probably for the types of places that Chick fil a competes with.

" What do you think happens to dairy cows that can longer produce milk? They become low quality hamburger, "

Dairy cattle are a problem to butcher, milk everywhere (I worked in a slaughterhouse years ago, dairy cattle really kick when you run your knife through their udders, even though they have dead for quite some time).

They do make great hamburger though. The cheap hamburger is grass-fed from Argentina (and similar), and tastes horrible. When I worked for a hamburger joint as a teen we custom ground out own beef, 50% grass-fed mixed with 50% corn-fed to get a decent taste at a low cost.

Places like Mac and Dons (and other similar) use two different grades, the smaller hamburgers are made from the cheap stuff.

I believe pink-slime (ammonia processed)  was a local invention (IBP).

McDonald’s, Burger King, and Taco Bell have all stopped using pink slime (which means they were using it in the first place). But that doesn’t mean all fast food places stopped using it. 70% of super market beef contains pink slime.

Personally, I think pink-slime tastes better than grass-fed.

YMMV