Positive Feedback Klipsch Pilgrimage Article

Mallette

14 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Nice job Dave.  I don't know if we want to promote Carl's Martini mixing, lol.  More people will attend for the drink and forget about the speakers.;)

Nah.  Come for the martinis, stay for the music and fellowship.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, Mallette said:

Had a rather glaring error in the first line fixed.  2014 was NOT the first Pilgrimage as implied, just the first Forum sponsored one.  I'd been to a couple before then.  Apologies to Klipsch.

Dave

If you want to be technical about it, the year it was just a dozen of us at the Super 8, there was no sponsorship whatsoever.  We couldn't even get a tour.  I pissed and moaned so much that we got a tour the next year.

On 6/16/2017 at 4:30 PM, derrickdj1 said:

More people will attend for the drink and forget about the speakers.;)

There were a few young-uns that had a wee bit too much to drink maybe but the rest were all on an even keel. Just MHO.

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Kids.

Just to be clear to anybody else reading this I do not mean they were under age and I know that is not what you meant either CECAA850. At my age anyone under 30 is a young-un:P Come to think of it anyone under 30 could be my grandchild, Yikes:o

And oh yea great article Dave.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, babadono said:

Just to be clear to anybody else reading this I do not mean they were under age and I know that is not what you meant either CECAA850. At my age anyone under 30 is a young-un:P Come to think of it anyone under 30 could be my grandchild, Yikes:o

And oh yea great article Dave.

Absolutely no underage drinking took place.  "Kids" are young 'uns that can't keep up with more experienced imbibers.

43 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely no underage drinking took place.  "Kids" are young 'uns that can't keep up with more experienced imbibers.

True 'dat - Carl even carded me for Gawd sake!! But then I look Very young for my age -  ?

3 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I was proud of that pic, most pictures of mine are absolutely awful and goober'ish.  

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.  :P.  But that is a masterpiece however it happened.  Carl should print and frame it.  It says a lot about Carl and Pilgrimage as well. 

Dave

I remember the first one, couldn't go, and there were just a few at PWK's house. I'm pretty sure WMcD, Trey and Tony Reed were there, among others. Hate I missed it.

Maybe of general interest: I turned on the TV the other night and a rerun of Shark Tank popped up. The guy was peddling small hearing aid sized hearing protectors. Anyway, first words I hear is Mr. Wonderful saying "I have a pair of massive Klipschorns", etc. I must have missed that the first time around.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 6/17/2017 at 8:30 AM, Mallette said:

Had a rather glaring error in the first line fixed.  2014 was NOT the first Pilgrimage as implied, just the first Forum sponsored one.  I'd been to a couple before then.  Apologies to Klipsch.

Dave

I think the first Forum Sponsored Pilgramage was in 2000.

Here is a quote from Gil about it.

"There was a pilgrimage to Hope AK in 2000 and one to Indy IN this spring. In each case, the hosts were exceptionally gracious. An understatement of great magnitude.

These were initiated by members of the forum who approached the hosts with a proposal. Essentially, if you want to have us over for a meeting of the serious, we'd really like to be invited.

The facility in Indy is magnificent. I'd like to think that they will set up an annual event. It is not going to be Jubilee's on the beach. Rather maybe a small expansion of this spring's event.

Now, you have to understand that what KAT can do depends very much on the size of the crowd. I thought that even the 20 or so of us taxed the capability of the listening rooms.

It is a good idea. However, I'm sure the people at KAT are wondering how to keep any such event organized and personal, and not a circus.

Best,

Gil"

I believe John Albright was in on the planning as was Ian on the Hope event in 2000.

Here is the thread that discusses all the various pilgrimages with some photos attached as well.

• Like 1