Positive Feedback Klipsch Pilgrimage Article

Mallette

Your bolded sentences says "Approached the hosts..."  We did not approach Klipsch at all on the first Forum pilgrimage.  We just organized and went.  That is what I meant.  On the second, we asked for nothing except permission the feed the employees.  They offered the tours on their own. 

We didn't use the term "Pilgrimage" for the first couple of years in "official" communications between Forum organizers as we considered it a Klipsch term and didn't want to usurp it.  However, as it's evolved towards a Forum-driven but Klipsch supported event, the term has stuck. 

Dave

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Your bolded sentences says "Approached the hosts..."  We did not approach Klipsch at all on the first Forum pilgrimage.  We just organized and went.  That is what I meant.  On the second, we asked for nothing except permission the feed the employees.  They offered the tours on their own. 

We didn't use the term "Pilgrimage" for the first couple of years in "official" communications between Forum organizers as we considered it a Klipsch term and didn't want to usurp it.  However, as it's evolved towards a Forum-driven but Klipsch supported event, the term has stuck. 

Dave

I guess that is where I got confused, the difference between "organizing and going" and what we have been doing for the last 17 years, including this year's.  It has pretty much been a collaborative effort between Forum members and KGI going back to the first one, and I was just trying to understand what was different.

I guess that is why Gil put the question mark in about 2013.  Forum members have been helping organize "get-togethers" in Hope and Indy since 2000 (I don't think it matters what you call them.  A KGI employee named Bob came up with the Pilgrimage name back in 2001 by the way) and KGI have come up with people, time and money since 2000, I just wasn't sure if you were trying to say if that has somehow changed in any significant way and thus 2013 onward was different.

Travis

51 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I guess that is where I got confused, the difference between "organizing and going" and what we have been doing for the last 17 years, including this year's.  It has pretty much been a collaborative effort between Forum members and KGI going back to the first one, and I was just trying to understand what was different.

It's the lawyer in you, Travis.  ;)  Let me say once more, and succinctly:  I was referring only to the current spring gathering as the first of THIS series and started with no help, or even communication with, KGI.  No "help" from them other than permission to feed the employees and an unsolicited offer of plant tours year 2.  It's emerged into a wonderful synergy, especially with the emergence of KHMA as a third party.  Loosing succinctness, but I'd add we didn't use the term "Pilgrimage" in deference to KGI's official "Pilgrimages" either the first year, or at least in the organizers (myself being one of the principals) the second.  However, by the third the members had identified it as such and KGI had as well.  That's wonderful. 

Dave

• Like 1

• Moderators

I believe clarification is needed here.

Prior to 2013 or 2014 this annual event was referred to as "Pilgrimage" and was totally and completely organized by KGI and their employees.  Due to lack of interest, whether KGI or forum member attendance there was a "lull" for a period of years of the "Pilgrimage"

A group of folks got together, Dave included and went to Hope....thereafter the event was resurrected as Employee Appreciation Luncheon.  Shortly thereafter, funding was sought from KGI with the understanding that the annual Pilgrimage would continue to include the Employee Appreciation Luncheon and various events.  It was further understood and agreed between KGI and the forum member organizers that this annual event would be "forum led", or whatever term you choose to call it. Since, this time out of respect for both KGI and forum members who so generously donate their time and money, it has been referred to as Employee Appreciation Luncheon/Pilgrimage.  Everyone involved is fully aware of where the funding comes from.

Since the first Employee Appreciation Luncheon, KGI has continued to financially support this event and lend their expertise and various prizes to help us grow the event.

I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from. but I assure you that the last two years would not have been as successful as they have been with KGI's financial support and the support of forum members.

I'm hoping this did not add to the confusion here.

Nice article, Dave, and thanks for the clarification, Christy. All of the forum get-togethers have been fun, but it's great to have the support of KGI that has taken us to another level! See you next year!!!

SSH

2 hours ago, ssh said:

Nice article, Dave, and thanks for the clarification, Christy. All of the forum get-togethers have been fun, but it's great to have the support of KGI that has taken us to another level! See you next year!!!

SSH

Steve, no matter what this grows into I'll never forget year one and the band of brothers taking the Super 8 by force.  Too many great memories to go into, but it was inspirational and without your leadership in saying "Let's just DO IT!" this wouldn't have grown into what it is.  Have a cigar. 

Dave

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

Steve, no matter what this grows into I'll never forget year one and the band of brothers taking the Super 8 by force.  Too many great memories to go into, but it was inspirational and without your leadership in saying "Let's just DO IT!" this wouldn't have grown into what it is.  Have a cigar. 

Dave

First and only time I ever met Dee.  What a memorable time.