Music to pull the plug to

BigStewMan

last night, i heard a story about this guy that was at the hospital while his neighbor was on life support. Doctors were about to pull the plug, and said that they could play music during the guy’s final time on earth.  The now deceased man’s favorite band was Queen, and his favorite song was “These Were the Days of Our Lives."

For my final moments, I’d have them bring in some bagpipers and do Amazing Grace. that would be a good song to go out to.

Just now, dtel's wife said:

I miss him too!  The Stones and reggae!  

logged on the forum one day and shared how my wife wanted a divorce. Immediately, Rob told me to come out there and stay with him for awhile to clear my head. And that was even after i continually teased him that The Stones were the most overrated rock band of all time (yes, i was joking...everyone knows it really Bruce Springsteen).

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

logged on the forum one day and shared how my wife wanted a divorce. Immediately, Rob told me to come out there and stay with him for awhile to clear my head. And that was even after i continually teased him that The Stones were the most overrated rock band of all time (yes, i was joking...everyone knows it really Bruce Springsteen).

He had invited dtel and I to come stay also...sure wish I could have met him before he left us. 

• Like 1

@Marvel Hey Bruce ... my elder cousin gave this guitar that belonged to her biological father. No markings on it at all; but, by the unique head (doing some internet research) it looks like an early 30s Kay archtop, hollow body with a violin head (i also heard it described as a Cello head).  The internet photos that i’ve seen of the Kays from that era look just like this; however, not sure why there would be no label?

Anyway, it’s really beautiful and now it’s mine!

IMG_0704.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know nothing about guitars but that sure does look nice. 

i know nothing either. That’s why i keep buying them, hoping that someday I will.

The best guitar is the “next” one.  This is my next one. Made the decision yesterday and sent off an email to my contact in London.  Got a reply this morning saying that “yesterday at this time, i had two white ones.”  Seems he won’t get another one until September.  He told me of another place where i might find one; but, I’m showing loyalty and waiting until September to give him my business. There are other colors available now; but, i want White.

He’s been good to me in the past. Brian May of Queen is friends with this guy and Brian passed on my contact info to him a few years ago when i was wanting a certain guitar. The guy and his shop were so friendly and helpful, that i’m going to be a loyal customer and wait. Besides, i have enough guitars to keep me busy until September.

BMG Special - White Full.jpg

• Like 1