Custom Lascalas (made by Klipsch) for piano company?

Anyone ever here of a piano company selling Lascalas made by Klipsch in a slightly different set up (they look like Cornwalls with grill cloth sides)?

I'm wanting to trade a Pioneer SX-1250 for a set of Cornwalls (or something similar), and there's a guy I know who has these Lascalas that he's interested in trading (with some cash).  I know the guy, he's trustworthy and couldn't be nicer.  I'm just wondering if anyone has ever heard or seen such a Lascala.  Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by thedudedoesnotabide

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, JRH said:

True.  The top panel was screwed on rather than glued.  That allowed them to remove it, install an amplifier, and put it back. 

JRH, just wondering...were those particular LaScalas also built during the time frame that the woofer access "door" was in the top of the bass bin instead the bottom of the bass bin?

The woofer access door started out on the side, and was quickly moved to the top under the mid horn.  That was also changed fairly quickly to the bottom.  This was still in the 60's.  I Don't believe the organ variant came until the 70's.

My 76's had the amps installed via the screw down top access and the woofer access was on the bottom. The removable top was a very nice way to access but I hope to veneer over all that some day.  Strange that almost 40 years later was the first time the mids and tweeters were ever used much.  There were attenuators installed for both and turned way down.  Primarily the woofers doing the work.

12 hours ago, JRH said:

The woofer access door started out on the side, and was quickly moved to the top under the mid horn.  That was also changed fairly quickly to the bottom.  This was still in the 60's.  I Don't believe the organ variant came until the 70's.

I'd love to have a horizontal doghouse La Scala, but I've never seen one for sale...

For what it's worth, my pair from '73 have removable tops, and the woofer access door is under the K-400.

• 2 weeks later...