Just give us an Rp380f already.

AsD

I have had the Rp280f for a while now and i like them!

However my plan all along was to use them elsewhere in the house and get the new Rf7 when they come out. 

BUT i just moved and i am sad to say that the Rf7 will have a to large footprint for my new listening area.

So Klipsch, come on and give us an Rp380f please!

Or am i the only one who really want one?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, AsD said:

BUT i just moved and i am sad to say that the Rf7 will have a to large footprint for my new listening area.

So Klipsch, come on and give us an Rp380f please!

Must be a really tight space, the RF7 ll is 1 inch wider. :o If it's the sound or price I can completely understand that but not the footprint, unless the roof is really short ? :P  

RF 7ll                  RP 28F

48.5" tall               43.125" tall

16.3" deep           16.375" deep

11.6" wide            10.5" wide

• Like 1

Yeah but the rf7 needs a lot more space around it. Atleast compared to the rp280f. That might not be true for an rp380 though. I newer owned the rf83?

And wasn't the rf83 close to the rf7 in price?

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, AsD said:

Yeah but the rf7 needs a lot more space around it. Atleast compared to the rp280f. That might not be true for a rp380 though. I newer owned the rf83?

And wasn't the rf83 close to the rf7 in price?

I did notice a huge difference in price between the models. My first Klipsch was almost RF 7's, but instead I got the whole Synergy Ht setup for the price of 2 RF7's, but the Synergies didn't stay here long after I found some of the other models, gave them to a relative.

I had no idea, I only have one pair of RF speakers and they are bookshelves. We went in a different direction, heritage and pro, but did run across the Rf bookshelves at a auction and brought them home, they will be going to our daughters as soon as they finish the house remodel.

I did want to tell you apparently the RP 280f must sound pretty good, someone (Tigerman) just added a pair to his collection of speakers and is really impressed with them, he was talking with someone else (Tarheel) and he went a bought a set, must have a nice sound.

This him bringing them home, it's in this thread, on this page.   

Yeah i quite like them as well. I originally wanted the rf7ii but i thought i'd try the Rp280 instead until the Rf7iii comes out.

I have a mate that have both Rf7ii and P38f. Needless to say i like the Palladium a lot better. But i do think that the Rp280f in some regards sound better then the Rf7ii.

• Moderators

I have to admit, I have never heard the RF 7ll or the RP280f, but I have heard the Palladiums, there OK.  We decide on Palladium killers, well in sound quality anyway, NOT looks or size, but the palladiums are pretty. It would take almost 6 Palladiums to equal one of our speakers in size, if you were to put the L&R speaker side by side they would be almost 12' wide, my wife is who picked them out the first time she heard them playing for 5 minutes. She said " That's what I want " :emotion-21:

Right channel, the little speaker on the top right is a forte ll, 5 more in the room for HT. 

mwm-4 copy.jpg

• Moderators

That's funny, now remember we do not claim to be normal. I asked if she wanted grills on the speakers and she said no, she likes the open horns. But I do have plans to put a Red Oak strip around the 402 horn edges to make it look better and match the bass bins, probably need to get going on that, they have been like this since 2009, it's a plan anyway. Room with speakers is 24' wide and 18' deep to that pole behind the sofa, another 16' behind that, kitchen dining room. The reason for all the poles was i built it very strong, somewhat have a problem with overkill I guess. :unsure: 

The room is far from perfect with the poles and where speakers had to be placed but it still sounds great to us. the other speakers in the room are for HT, 3 forte ll's across the front and a rear center Forte ll, the rear R&L are original forte's. Sub is Danley Spud (for now) it's on the side of the right mwm cabinet along the wall, kind of hidden. I had no place for rears the rooms are all open so I hung them from the beam pointing downward. Again not perfect but you have to work with what you have. Other speaker are Cornwall lll's in the bedroom, in ceiling in her sewing room, mwm with split LaScala tops for out in the yard (parties) plus heresy's in the tiki bar in the yard, Heresy ll in grandsons room, Rb75's in daughters room.  OK we like music everywhere, but nothing in the bathroom, so were not completely crazy. :emotion-21: imo

house-11-1.JPG

speakers_(21).JPG

house-20.JPG

• Like 4

Looks really great man. I to have speakers in pretty much every room. Not as nice as yours, but hey i'm only in the mid twenties so i have a few years left to upgrade in.

I actually used to have built in speakers in the main bathroom, so it doesn't sound to crazy to me. I don't at the new place though.

• Like 1