Forte II... $500

Schu

Are you looking for a second system? Do you like Oak?  If the answer to both of those questions is yes, than yes go get them.  If its no to either, I would not. Heresy's, Cornwalls, Lascalas, Belles have by far been my favorite speakers.  I had the Forte 1s and did much care for them.  I would like to try the Forte 2's, but only in Walnut, and at a price like that.  There would be no attempt to replace anything, just to add an additional system.

6 hours ago, Schu said:

should I go get these? (Forte II)

At the $500 asking price they are not a "deal" but they are fair market value, a fair price to both Seller and Buyer.  My avg price is $450, with several being sold in the $300-400 range. 

If you can make a $400 offer then you can likely get your price back out of them if you choose to re-sell.

Other than that, you've already got good stuff.  I would say "no buy" unless you have a real passion for them.

26 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

At the $500 asking price they are not a "deal" but they are fair market value, a fair price to both Seller and Buyer.  My avg price is $450, with several being sold in the $300-400 range. 

If you can make a $400 offer then you can likely get your price back out of them if you choose to re-sell.

Other than that, you've already got good stuff.  I would say "no buy" unless you have a real passion for them.

For Chicago, that would be a very good deal.  

$300-$400 are steal prices, if they are in good shape.

I have purchased 4 pairs of Forte for $200 or less each, but I don't consider that fair market value.

• Like 1