Sold. Two KPT 684 subs

jwc

I have a local friend who is selling off his Klipsch pro stuff.  He is moving and will start over on his stereo elsewhere.  I'm basically buying most his stuff but he has 2 KPT 684's that I have no more room for.  I already have four of them and don't need two more.

I setup this guys stereo.  I bought those two subwoofers new from ACE.  They have never seen pro use....only in the home.  They could have minor flaws.....but nothing major.  Drivers are original and this cabinet is unmodified.  I got no deal on these.....they are expensive.

Ebay has a new open box buy for one......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Professional-Series-KPT-684-SW-Dual-18-THX-Driver-Subwoofer-LotA-/391815484340?hash=item5b3a05d3b4:g:dvsAAOSw1WJZF6p0

That is $1795 plus $400 shipping for ONE!

He wants $1500 for the pair pick-up only.  Carrollton Georgia 30116

You can PM me for a pic if want.  Please only ask for it if you are serious about it.  The pic I have has his whole setup and would prefer not to show all his goodies to everyone.

thanks

jc

OK.  So I'm the one who set this guy up.  I'm sure I will get some smart a$$ comments but this big setup was for not sitting very far away and being at a seated position right in front. I made a custom center with twin eminence 15's, 6.5" BC driver and a horn tweeter.  Eminence 3 way crossover.  The size of the center is to match and be between the two KPT 684's laying down.  He loved this center channel and put all the electronics on top of the speakers.

Sitting 8 feet away in a recliner was an absolute destroyer.

The Xii's and the K402 are not for sale....so don't ask.

kpt-684.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jwc said:

OK.  So I'm the one who set this guy up.  I'm sure I will get some smart a$$ comments but this big setup was for not sitting very far away and being at a seated position right in front. I made a custom center with twin eminence 15's, 6.5" BC driver and a horn tweeter.  Eminence 3 way crossover.  The size of the center is to match and be between the two KPT 684's laying down.  He loved this center channel and put all the electronics on top of the speakers.

raw?appid=YahooMailNeo&ymreqid=748b4440-483b-90e3-0183-820014010000&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBa-V88nFeJGHXrrtaxg8foDCoIaZ-xMWy7MXwFUt-wJXmrgBZuXkh_XqsZ4G5X83XoGYHG5zZROOYeWZBW-NzAx

Am I the only one that can't see this?  I tried my PC, phone, 4G and WiFi.

35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks like it drops off the face of the earth around 70Hz.

That is 1/2 space.  It also is tuned to 28Hz (close).  That way you can use a parametric EQ....somewhat like you can do with the 396 to get the lower end response.  If the tuning were truly 70Hz, then you would get distortion EQing lower.

In my house, I use NO EQ.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks like it drops off the face of the earth around 70Hz.

They will blow you into next week.  Mine play to below 30Hz.  When JC was over last weekend we had to put a low cut filter on them the RTA clearly went into the 20s.

Wow........there's still some folks on this forum that don't know about 684s......and selling for below half price......:)

11 hours ago, jwc said:

kpt-684.jpg

Wow, that looks like a formidable set-up.  I would love to have heard it in action. 

• Like 3

Whomever comes to get the subs, will have first dibbs on the custom center channel for very cheap.  I basically build it to height match size with the KPT 684s so that it will make a great flat surface to put all the electronics.  

On 6/20/2017 at 7:22 PM, shiva said:

Wow, that looks like a formidable set-up.  I would love to have heard it in action. 

yes, it does look like a very impressive setup.  I'd love to have heard this  (and felt the bass - that's how I like mine), or something like it.

I could be I'll be making a trip to GA next month.  at that price, they may already be gone by then.  but if I do get dispatched there (for work), I might be able to help with transportation, at least from seller back to Jackson MS.

GLWYS sir.  I'd love to add these with my CW verts, but I'd be in the doghouse for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...